Does anyone know what I have here?

Attachments

• 15501720363542122583939263751153.jpg
    15501720363542122583939263751153.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 15501720541028074679131183673439.jpg
    15501720541028074679131183673439.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 49
It's an autopilot signal processor. It takes the raw signal from various flight instruments and adjusts the output signal to the servos. All those knobs are trimmers for adjusting each one of the channels for pitch, roll, yaw and whatever else is controlled in the specific installation...

It's an autopilot signal processor. It takes the raw signal from various flight instruments and adjusts the output signal to the servos. All those knobs are trimmers for adjusting each one of the channels for pitch, roll, yaw and whatever else is controlled in the specific installation...
It was my father in-laws...is this something I should sell or donate to an aviation museum?

@Pacer are you trying to sell this or just identify it? You've made posts in multiple forums asking the same question.

We ask that you not make duplicate posts in multiple forums for the same question.

@Pacer are you trying to sell this or just identify it? You've made posts in multiple forums asking the same question.

We ask that you not make duplicate posts in multiple forums for the same question.
Sorry new to the forum, not intentionally violating protocols...I want to sell if needed and useable, or donate to air museum if wanted . Thank you kindly.

I'm not a museum but I do collect old aviation components, so I'll take it if it's free.

If you wish to try to sell, though, I would try to wait for some additional help in the (now single) thread. I've merged all of your threads together.

I'm not a museum but I do collect old aviation components, so I'll take it if it's free.

If you wish to try to sell, though, I would try to wait for some additional help in the (now single) thread. I've merged all of your threads together.
Thank you!

It’s an Oscillation overthruster. Hong Kong Cavaliers build and used it.

Correct!. If you enlarge the image you can read the I.D. Label. Also the handle partly conceals the markings "YAW - ROLL - PITCH - ALTITUDE" along the bottom of the panel.
The second photo shows that it uses vacuum tubes! Probably vintage 1950s or '60s. Geeks would call it a "Boat Anchor".

Dave

Correct!. If you enlarge the image you can read the I.D. Label. Also the handle partly conceals the markings "YAW - ROLL - PITCH - ALTITUDE" along the bottom of the panel.
The second photo shows that it uses vacuum tubes! Probably vintage 1950s or '60s. Geeks would call it a "Boat Anchor".

Dave
Jeez. Looks like about an 1-2 hours of fuel now you can carry once removed from the W&B sheet

Back