tough landing for this Piper Malibu ...

Why are we arguing about the legalities of operations at a French airport using US rules when they quite obviously don't apply?

I was wondering the same thing. There are quite a few posts in this thread that speak with authority and the conviction that the poster is 100% correct in his statements about operations at a European airport using a foreign registered aircraft.

It seems improbable the poster knows French general aviation regulations so intimately.

And like I figured, you don't seem to believe something is possible unless you, personally, have done it. :rolleyes:
My experience doesn't limit what I believe possible, but if you're going to try to convince me that my experience is wrong, you're going to have to do a lot better than old wives' tales and false assumptions.

My experience doesn't limit what I believe possible, but if you're going to try to convince me that my experience is wrong, you're going to have to do a lot better than old wives' tales and false assumptions.
Since operating into this airport is restricted by the French Aviation Authority, and there are all sorts of videos on YouTube, etc. showing these types of jets landing and departing from here, do you really think the French government wouldn’t come down hard on this type of operation if it was illegal.

I’ve been on the receiving end of a number of EASA ramp checks, and they are way more thorough than anything I’ve seen from the FAA (the Austrians are the worst).

Maybe you’re right, and these guys are operating illegally, but there’s one thing I’ve learned and that there’s a waiver for just about anything. I guess we’ll never know.

Looks like they moved it about 200 feet. I'm wondering why they needed a truck with a crane instead of a tug unless the nosegear was damaged when he went into the snowbank.

Nobody is going to risk using a tug unless it's absolutely certain the gear is down & locked with three green...and it will stay that way. The tug operator risks the liability if the nosegear collapses and does additional damage while being towed.

So you have, then, personally applied for a waiver of the runway grade restrictions on a Citation with European authorities and been denied?

I don't know any old wives' tales about this subject, so it ain't that.

That Robin DR400 and DR500 from the video above sea like fun airplanes...

Back