it will be VFR... or so they say

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
its been almost a month.... and whenever I have time to fly...

upload_2019-2-13_13-39-53.png

I've been experiencing the same. I bought a plane and got it home on Dec 29. Since then, almost every day I'm off from work, the weather has been crappy. Only been a couple of halfway decent flying opportunities scattered in there. Need some better weather soon.

I feel your pain.
I prefer to fly the Cub, but I also have access to a C-150, a C-172 and a Piper Warrior.
Unfortunately the weather has been so bad I haven't been able to fly any of them since Jan 17.
I'm starting to develop a sever twitch whenever I check the weather.
I'm so far gone I actually offered to help to clean and wax a friends plane.

I feel your pain.
I prefer to fly the Cub, but I also have access to a C-150, a C-172 and a Piper Warrior.
Unfortunately the weather has been so bad I haven't been able to fly any of them since Jan 17.
I'm starting to develop a sever twitch whenever I check the weather.
I'm so far gone I actually offered to help to clean and wax a friends plane.

Since you are just a Sport Pilot, do you have pilot friends to fly with in planes other than the Cub?

Yup...I bought the end of November and dodging weather I didn't get my tailwheel endorsement till mid-end of Jan. Been aweful lately. Last Saturday was nice but the runway had build up so much ice in the deep freeze time by mid afternoon it was all wet ice... the taildragger stayed inside again.

I’ve only got out once since being signed off and I’ll admit I’m a bit nervous being it will be a solid month since flying... if I were experienced it may not bother me- but wet behind the ears has me on edge a bit having this big of a break. I was hoping as soon as I was signed off to pound out multiple hours on my own polishing up my basic skills. Part of me wonders if it goes much longer if I should pop up with my instructor again... I think once those skills are cemented in a month break wouldn't be too bad, but with them still being new at TW I'm not as confident of myself....

Having my plane in Florida west coast,I will refrain from commenting.

Today it was finally VFR and warm enough to fly...and my truck broke down. :mad:

@WannFly - Saturday is our day. We finally break out of our cold snap and IFR crud. It will warm up to +8F in the afternoon, ceilings 2500agl and winds will only be 330@18G40...summer got here early!

@WannFly - Saturday is our day. We finally break out of our cold snap and IFR crud. It will warm up to +8F in the afternoon, ceilings 2500agl and winds will only be 330@18G40...summer got here early!

You may have just jinxed the crap out of Saturday

A perfect day to fly today after a month, a perfect day tomorrow for a XC... guess what? Thanks to few coworkers of mine ... I came down with massive cold ....

Even us SoCal guys have had a lot of crappy flying weather. I’m happy we’re getting all the rain...it’s just those icing levels have been too low!

Yeah, the storms have been relentless! Two days ago, Laguna Hills (in southern OC) got 4.1" of rain in 24 hours, which is about a third of our average annual total!! Some foothill cities got 8 to 10". Gonna fly on Monday, with my oil cooler taped up to get a decent temperature. Probably will be freezing at my typical 5500' cruise altitude.

Back