Got My ADS-B Rebate Check Today !

Interesting. I've been wondering how many rebates are left, the counter on the website hasn't updated since December 20th, but it looks like they are still dishing them out.

I flew my test flight on January 18th. This was during the gov shut down. I received my confirmation email just a week ago telling me the rebate would arrive in 4 to 6 weeks. Mine arrived this afternoon and a friend also got his today. I was surprised to say the least !
I hope mines that quick! I did mine at a similar time to you. I e-mailed them asking for status and they told me 10-12 weeks :eek:. Though the confirmation email that then got sent after I asked said 4-6 weeks. We'll see.

I'm curious how the ground portion of the ADSB flight test works to get the rebate. I understand that the FAA wants to see that the ADSB transmitter can tell the difference between flight and ground operations but how does the get the data? If I'm operating out of a semi-rural airport where there's no line of site to an ADSB ground station until I'm at 200 AGL or so, is my ADSB-out being rebroadcast to the ground stations by overflying aircraft?

Back