Is Weather Briefing Logged in Foreflight?

MBDiagMan

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Doc
When I began using FF about 8 years ago, I entered my DUATS account information and as I understood it, it was logged that I had gotten a Foreflight weather briefing.

If I rely on FF for my weather briefing today, is it on record that I received a weAther briefing or do I need to call WX BRIEF for it to be legally recorded?

From ForeFlight website:
On the Record
ForeFlight Briefings are timestamped and stored in the app on your iPad and iPhone, and in the ForeFlight cloud, to record that you obtained weather and pertinent NOTAMs in compliant manner with 14 CFR 91.103(a) preflight action.
https://foreflight.com/products/foreflight-mobile/weather/briefing/

Thanks Wheels!

I have had two old school nstructors who don’t use FF or any EFB insist that I call WX BRIEF for CYA. Both of them said that it was the only way to be covered. I guess it’s time for ME to give THEM some dual on FF.

Thanks again!

Concur, that's history, I think - if you're alive and kicking, and you actually got the brief you should have, then just say so. If they're really after you, they'll need to find something more substantial than "We think he might not have gotten a weather briefing".

I realize that DUATS is no more. When we did have DUATS linked to FF, the briefing was on record. Since DUATS is no more, that’s why I asked the question.

I recently saw some articles on getting a briefing still being a good idea, especially for TFR’s. And I’ve gotten used to them, they’re really quick and probably faster than wading through the ridiculously long list of NOTAM’s. I just call on my way to the airport, easy peasy.

Back