Saratoga down off Palm Beach, FL

You can label me a misanthrope but I'm with @JohnAJohnson ....I don't get our society's desire to genuflect to dogs. But I've also learned that to argue against it is pointless, no matter how bad I want to "bonk the two heads together" of a couple of guys saying they list dogs as souls on their IFR flight plans. lol

John is a cat guy!!!!!

tenor.gif

People actually died in that crash, so yes, it matters to me and I will comment when someone spouts some politically correct, touchy-feely expression of empathy for humans and dogs in the same sentence. The dog's relatives probably aren't feeling the same sadness as the human's relatives. Reminds me of those nut jobs at PETA with their concern about the donkeys pulling IED carts, and their statement that humans deserve what they get but since the donkey is totally innocent, we have to do something to protect them. I love dogs as much as the next guy but wouldn't have a problem sending 10,000 dogs to their demise to save one human, and I'd smile while doing it.
But, this was the 10,001 dog that died in an airplane, so it’s ok to have feelings about this one.

Seriously though, I think most everyone would agree there is no equivalency, but most would also feel sorrow that 10,000 dogs had to die to save the person.

It really isn't so much that dogs are that great, though I admit to having loved one (and still do) that touched me in ways no human ever could.
The whole point is that there's a really prominent minority of humans that truly suck in almost every way, tips the balance in favor of the canines. YMMV, if you don't like it, keep it to yourself, I'm not interested in arguing the point, lol.

My dog's relatives are the same people I call relatives. Sad for the all the lives lost.

It really isn't so much that dogs are that great, though I admit to having loved one (and still do) that touched me in ways no human ever could.
The whole point is that there's a really prominent minority of humans that truly suck in almost every way, tips the balance in favor of the canines. YMMV, if you don't like it, keep it to yourself, I'm not interested in arguing the point, lol.
IMO you can make a pretty close estimate of a person’s character simply by knowing how they treat animals.

“When I look into the eyes of an animal, I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul...”

Nah, it was correct as I typed it... And Jeffrey Dahmer liked people... :rolleyes:
Hmmm, funny you mention Jeffrey Dahmer, as he was also known for loving dogs....

But you stick with your theory if it works for you.

Last edited:
Hmmm, funny you mention Jeffrey Dahmer, as he was also known for loving dogs....

But you stick with your theory if it works for you.

BS: He loved DEAD animals, from the wiki
“In one instance, he decapitated the carcass of a dog before nailing the animal's body to a tree. He later impaled the skull of this dog[20] upon a stake beside a wooden cross in woodland behind his house.”

Tom

BS: He loved DEAD animals, from the wiki
“In one instance, he decapitated the carcass of a dog before nailing the animal's body to a tree. He later impaled the skull of this dog[20] upon a stake beside a wooden cross in woodland behind his house.”

Tom
But it still makes my point, in that everyone that knew him said he loved dogs...so if you base your decision of people of whether you believe they love dogs...this is where you end up.

...And that is what I truly don't understand about dog lovers. I say I don't like dogs, and I'm a monster....simply for my opinion on one thing. And btw, I'd also smile killing 10,000 dogs to save a single person, because I know I'd be doing the right thing.

But it still makes my point, in that everyone that knew him said he loved dogs...so if you base your decision of people of whether you believe they love dogs...this is where you end up.

...And that is what I truly don't understand about dog lovers. I say I don't like dogs, and I'm a monster....simply for my opinion on one thing. And btw, I'd also smile killing 10,000 dogs to save a single person, because I know I'd be doing the right thing.

It doesn’t make your point because I cannot find any reference to him liking dogs.

Tom

It doesn’t make your point because I cannot find any reference to him liking dogs.

Tom
http://bundyspooks.tumblr.com/post/130163206008/serial-killers-and-their-pets

https://www.murdermiletours.com/blog/serial-killers-murderers-who-loved-their-pets-dogscats

From the first link, "Many people have heard stories of a young Dahmer impaling dog’s heads onto sticks to scare the neighbours, but he never actually killed any of them. Dahmer was fascinated with anatomy, and would trail roads for hours looking for road-kill, primarily finding cats, squirrels, and the occasional dog. He grew up with Frisky, a spaniel cross, and loved him dearly. Being a loner, Frisky served as his “only friend for a while” according to his father."

"There is no beast but has some touch of pity, but I have none and therefore am no beast."

Back