Pilot Needed in San Antonio, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Gibson

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Hank G.
I am looking for a pilot to fly two airplanes, a 2009 Cessna T206H G1000 and a 2006 Cirrus SR22 Avidyne, in the San Antonio area. Flights will be for the owners all under Part 91, mostly around Texas.

Training will be paid for by the airplane owners.

$400/day pay for 5-8 days per month.

Interview flight will be conducted with strong applicants at the expense of applicants (applicant pays hourly wet rate on the airplane and the instructor's hourly fee).

Requirements:
-Minimum of 1,000 hours total time
-At least 100-150 hours of Garmin G1000 or Avidyne EX 5000 time
-At least 25 hours in a Cessna 182 or 206
-At least 25-50 hours in high performance aircraft
-Initial flight training done at a reputable flight school or college (degree not necessary)
-A year and a half commitment to both airplanes, priority given to to trips in both planes, and, if the pilot takes another job and leaves before the year and a half, has to repay the cost of the training in the airplanes and training fees

If interested, please send a resume to Hank Gibson at info@txtopaviation.com. Please include at least 2 references.

Interesting.... Unfortunately I don't have the hours..... yet.

How often are you coming across opportunities such as this?

Not very often. Unique case in this circumstance. The main pilot who has been flying for them is moving on to King Airs.

Not very often.
Okay.... When they do, please continue to advertise here.... Once I have the hours, I would be interested in exploring opportunities such as this.

So I’d have to pay to interview and I’d be on call for any random 5-8 days a month, kinda a odd spot between not really being a full time job but being busy enough to make getting a full time gig allowing for a job to pay the rent somewhat hard. Also lots of full time 135 FO jobs you can get at 1k tt.

So.... the applicant has to fly the planes for the “interview”, but then if they get the job, they need to get trained on how to fly the planes?

If you can find someone to meet all this criteria for that pay... the pilot shortage doesn’t really exist!

I am looking for a pilot to fly two airplanes, a 2009 Cessna T206H G1000 and a 2006 Cirrus SR22 Avidyne, in the San Antonio area. Flights will be for the owners all under Part 91, mostly around Texas.

Training will be paid for by the airplane owners.

$400/day pay for 5-8 days per month.

Interview flight will be conducted with strong applicants at the expense of applicants (applicant pays hourly wet rate on the airplane and the instructor's hourly fee).

Requirements:
-Minimum of 1,000 hours total time
-At least 100-150 hours of Garmin G1000 or Avidyne EX 5000 time
-At least 25 hours in a Cessna 182 or 206
-At least 25-50 hours in high performance aircraft
-Initial flight training done at a reputable flight school or college (degree not necessary)
-A year and a half commitment to both airplanes, priority given to to trips in both planes, and, if the pilot takes another job and leaves before the year and a half, has to repay the cost of the training in the airplanes and training fees

If interested, please send a resume to Hank Gibson at info@txtopaviation.com. Please include at least 2 references.

How much advanced notice before a trip.?

How long will the hired pilot sit at the destination airport before a rental car and hotel room is provided.?

What other duties besides flying and getting the plane ready will the pilot be required to do.?

So it could be $2K/mo or $3200/mo - assuming taxes are on applicant. Any chance of a retainer / availability fee / monthly hourly minimum guarantee?

So I’d have to pay to interview and I’d be on call for any random 5-8 days a month, kinda a odd spot between not really being a full time job but being busy enough to make getting a full time gig allowing for a job to pay the rent somewhat hard. Also lots of full time 135 FO jobs you can get at 1k tt.

You forgot 1.5 yr commitment or you pay back training with the peanuts they paid you...

I don't have the G1000 time, but I am a graduate of the King school. The C-206H is a fantastic airplane! I used to fly one for a bank that had only one seat in it and a gazillion Dollars worth of avionics... Awesome IFR platform!

How much advanced notice before a trip.?

How long will the hired pilot sit at the destination airport before a rental car and hotel room is provided.?

What other duties besides flying and getting the plane ready will the pilot be required to do.?
Adding to this list...

When does the pay clock start? Engine start? What about time (possibly a few hours) prepping and getting properly briefed for the flight that might happen at the pilot's home?

Is waiting time at the FBO compensated?

Is this a contractor (aka 1099) or employee (W-2) position?

-Initial flight training done at a reputable flight school or college

What flight training are you referencing here? The required time in make/model that the insurance carrier wants? Or something else?

Adding to this list...

When does the pay clock start? Engine start? What about time (possibly a few hours) prepping and getting properly briefed for the flight that might happen at the pilot's home?

Is waiting time at the FBO compensated?

Is this a contractor (aka 1099) or employee (W-2) position?

What flight training are you referencing here? The required time in make/model that the insurance carrier wants? Or something else?

Sounds like a flat day rate of $400, I’d wager 1099ed, that’s like take home $280 or so?

These terms (except for the pay) might be acceptable for a biz jet.... but... for a piston single... probably not.

I mean hell, if I was retired with nothing else to do... maybe.

....I mean hell, if I was retired with nothing else to do... maybe.

That's the thought I had. If a person was retired, met the requirements, and lived in the area, it might be a fun part time job. I doubt most would be willing to pay for their own interview flight, but I could be wrong there.

I'm sure I would!

My first flying job was flying a 172 taking tourist from FFA airport, up and around a light house, then back to the airport. 15 minutes total flight time. I also did light maintenance on the planes. When I say light maintenance that was anything from changing the oil to replacing cylinders.....all for the high executive salary of 5 bucks an hour.

Football bat. This thread is more effed up than a football bat. Good god man, if you need the punchline explained.... :p:D

Hey man, I'm an airline pilot - you know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed! :D

You just gave away who you voted for in the last three elections.:D

Oh trust me, my idiocy crosses all political boundaries!

I think this thread should be locked.

It's in the classifieds and EVERYONE seems more interested in challenging the value proposition than anything else.

I think this thread should be locked.

It's in the classifieds and EVERYONE seems more interested in challenging the value proposition than anything else.

Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back