Aircraft Maintenance Logbook Stickers?

CC268

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
CC268
What are people (i.e. A&Ps, avionics shops, etc) using to generate the nice typed logbook stickers? I did a Google search and Rons Aircraft Maintenance Log Entry Creator comes up. 30 day free trial, not sure what it costs after that.

Thanks.

And scissors to neatly trim.....;)
Don't even need the scissors....I keep a collection of different Avery labels. Depending on the content, pick the appropriate Word template. Oil changes work perfectly with 10 pt font on 2x4 Avery 2163. The shop uses full page and trims to fit.

We are told to make a witness mark; a pen-ink line crossing the edge of the label and onto the logbook paper. Perhaps provides some evidence the log entry was not moved/removed/changed (I realize the limitations of this, just what we were told).

For maintenance, I print the labels out for my A&P/IA, he reviews, sticks it in the log, signs, and writes his certificate number. He handwrites the Annual Inspection entry himself. I'll let you guess which is more legible...

I just use whatever word processor (usually Open Office or Google Docs) and one-up sticky paper (because I have lots of it). You can insert a table into the doc or use a label template. Print a test on plain paper until you get it figured out.

I use MS Word, and 8.5" x 11" peel and stick label sheets that you can buy at your local big-box office supply store. Print, cut and stick...

Avery has a free online label editor which conforms to the Avery label selected. Link comes in the label package.

Back