Looking for an Alaska connection ...

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
We're cruising to Alaska (Vancouver-Seward, flying home from Anchorage) the end of July, and would like to fly with CFI or fellow pilot on floats ... not looking to get a seaplane rating, since it does me no good in Colorado, just want to get some stick time.
Bonus connection would be some fishing away from the typical commercial connections that the cruise lines have ... unless those really are the way to go.

We're cruising to Alaska (Vancouver-Seward, flying home from Anchorage) the end of July, and would like to fly with CFI or fellow pilot on floats ... not looking to get a seaplane rating, since it does me no good in Colorado, just want to get some stick time.
Bonus connection would be some fishing away from the typical commercial connections that the cruise lines have ... unless those really are the way to go.

Will you be stopping in Juneau on the cruise?

Yes, looks like 10am-10pm in Juneau

As it gets closer, ping me. (I'm still in SoCal). We should be able to arrange something. I work for one of the larger float operators in Juneau. If you want to throw off-the-beaten-path fishing into the mix, a floatplane to Doc Warners for the day is the way to go. Not cheap, but a great experience. Stay away from the stuff sold on the ships. It can all be had for less once you're ashore. Also, everything in Juneau is weather dependent, so be flexible with that.

Baranof hot springs (cool little island) is also a fun spot to fly out to and do a little soak overlooking the waterfall.

F7169352-B5-E0-46-B6-BB1-F-3-C3843805-AF1.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baranof_Warm_Springs,_Alaska

Back