Time on Controller.com

BPM

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
BPM
Im interested in knowing how long a plane has been sitting on controller.com. I understand that it’s possible to see when the advertisement was “last updated.” Is it possible to see for how long the plane has been advertised for sale?

So, here is the deal with Controller....

The first 30 days of the listing is "free". After that, you have to proactively ask for the extension or it will drop off with no warning. Each time you change something like total time or whatever, THEY edit it for you. You have no physical access to the ad at all. You will get a call over and over with pressure to buy into their high priced ad structure and also in the print mag.... It was about $300/month when as of last summer. Also, you will get hammered with misc brokers trying to get you on their sales brokerage. Hell, even eBay will be calling. Its a complete mess in my opinion. Get a drop phone or just use an email for contact.

A plane sitting on Controller either has something wrong, asking too much or is on the "Honey, it's for sale but this market is in a down turn and nobody is buying" status. An alternate tactic is that brokers leave the juicy plane up, then when you call, tell you it just sold but we have this 'beute ready to go as well. Slimeball move.

My Tiger was on Barnstormers and the buyer sent a purchase agreement within 12 hours of the ad going on-line. Had 7 other agreements after him if he backed out. Even on Barnstormers, there are aircraft that have been their a LOOOONNNG time

My Tiger was on Barnstormers and the buyer sent a purchase agreement within 12 hours of the ad going on-line. Had 7 other agreements after him if he backed out. Even on Barnstormers, there are aircraft that have been their a LOOOONNNG time

There is one plane I was lusting over that is on Trade-A-Plane... made an offer not too far from the asking price and here it is a year later and it is still there... I am wondering if the broker is just leaving up as a place holder, or as the he said, the owner wants his full asking price..

Anyway, had a few instances with Barnstormers and Trade-A-Plane when I called and heard.... plane just sold... Oh well! Can't be looking at it every day.

it's not an exact science but you could do an advanced search and specify a range here:

'Show only listings added in the last _______ days'

There is one plane I was lusting over that is on Trade-A-Plane... made an offer not too far from the asking price and here it is a year later and it is still there...

There was another RV I was interested in ... but it was with a broker, who would not send logs, not allow it out of the hangar and couldn't answer squat - he basically said,"Fly up and take a look" ... plane would not even be allowed to start if I traveled there. I tried to reverse look up the owner based on the N number, but he wasn't listed. A year later the owner puts it up and I call him ... told him I already had purchased and I wished there had been a way to get around the broker.

Best tool I've found is findaircraft.com. Compiles everything online into one excel style site. There are some airplanes that have been listed for a LONG time

There was another RV I was interested in ... but it was with a broker, who would not send logs, not allow it out of the hangar and couldn't answer squat - he basically said,"Fly up and take a look" ... plane would not even be allowed to start if I traveled there. I tried to reverse look up the owner based on the N number, but he wasn't listed. A year later the owner puts it up and I call him ... told him I already had purchased and I wished there had been a way to get around the broker.
Same experience. I even got no reply from some brokers.

Back