Super Bowl LIII

What’s the B407 doing circling the game at 2000 feet since 5:15. The flight aware track makes me dizzy.

I’m sure it’s security of some type. Just curious if anyone has any more specifics of what it’s likely doing.

What’s the B407 doing circling the game at 2000 feet since 5:15. The flight aware track makes me dizzy.

I’m sure it’s security of some type. Just curious if anyone has any more specifics of what it’s likely doing.
Ariel TV coverage I would presume

Georgia State Patrol doing what they do.

Why did the Super Bowl stop having good music during half time shows?

My house hosts the 'wives who don't care for their husbands Superbowl party' event.
Right now they are dancing to the halftime show....

Time to head to the firehouse for the inevitable post Superbowl ''car wrapped around a tree' call.

Ohh come on! I saw you at a Maroon 5 concert a few years ago...
I actually did go to a maroon 5 concert a few years ago. I like their music ok. Their concert was not great at all. A few weeks before that I saw Coldplay and we’ll that set a high bar. Adam Levine honestly isn’t that great of a singer.

The flying hobby actually is what created those opportunities. I mean how many guys can ask the wife one morning if she wants to go to a concert (that night) that’s 350 miles away, book a hotel and take off at lunch to make it over there to eat some sushi and watch the concert. Flying has taken “date night” to a whole new level!

Georgia State Patrol doing what they do.
I wondered if it was military and was toting some heavy artillary waiting on some goofus in a Cherokee to bust the TFR?

Your explanation is much more boring.

Well, I watched the Thunderbirds launch and come back to Dobbins to land after their contribution. This afternoon, I drove by McCollum field (about 20 miles from Downtown Atlanta). It was about 5:30 and I was surprised to see a "late to the party" Falcon on short final. The field had more G-IV's and better parked on the ramp than you can imagine. I suspect PDK and Fulton County are the same.

I wondered if it was military and was toting some heavy artillary waiting on some goofus in a Cherokee to bust the TFR?

Your explanation is much more boring.

Is CC268 in the area?

Brady's gum chewing bodyguards, searching for snipers on national TV to justify their cost. Classic.

Well, I watched the Thunderbirds launch and come back to Dobbins to land after their contribution. This afternoon, I drove by McCollum field (about 20 miles from Downtown Atlanta). It was about 5:30 and I was surprised to see a "late to the party" Falcon on short final. The field had more G-IV's and better parked on the ramp than you can imagine. I suspect PDK and Fulton County are the same.
and LZU

I had no horse in this race. Watched the game at the ex-pat bar which opened up at 6:30 a.m., just in time for kickoff.

Liked the Stella commercial and the one with all the football greats at a dinner.

All hail the GOAT!

Just watched the game in NZ,same result,Go Pats

I don't follow football much, but I'll watch if the Broncos are playing (although it's been painful watching them play since I moved back to Colorado a year ago). I don't have anything for/against either the Rams or the Pats, but watched it and thought it was a pretty boring game. I guess if you're really into defense it was a great game, but I was like, "Meh."

Best commercial was the Jason Bateman Hyundai elevator commercial. Some of the Bud Light ones were good. I liked the one where they were delivering the corn syrup to their competitor's castles.

As far as the halftime show, I was definitely underwhelmed.

Keeping aviation in it, my favorite commercial was Harrison Ford's dog ordering dog food with the Echo on Amazon.

Keeping aviation in it, my favorite commercial was Harrison Ford's dog ordering dog food with the Echo on Amazon.
I agree. The follow-up commercial was good also, where the food is being delivered on pallets.

I liked that bit with Harrison Ford, but when I saw him appear onscreen, I immediately thought, "LOL - that's not the type of house Harrison Ford lives in!"

Back