How does the FAA find out about controlled prescriptions?

I know this is an old thread but some info...When I do a controlled substance (pills) investigation...I’m in Michigan, and I use a law enforcement system here in Michigan called MAPS (stands for Michigan Automated Prescription System). Thing is, even though it’s a Michigan system, with just a click of a button, I’m searching nation wide...and although the furthest back I’ve personally checked is maybe 6 years, I’m told it shows decades. In my investigations it’s one of the easiest searches I do. I have no idea what database this system is tapping into, but it is admissible in court (in fact it is so accepted, I’ve never been questioned about it in court, which is why I don’t have/need the full details). Big brother is scary.

You're right. I went back to the same pharmacy that I'd picked up the prescription and asked them whether or not other agencies had access to their system. The pharmacist said that the gov agencies have access to all controlled substance records (I don't know how much truth there is to it but it backs up what you said in your earlier comment).

He is 100% correct.
Amen. One of the reasons I love/hate this board is the number of posts that really begin with "I think it's easier to get away with not reporting this thing.....how are they ever going to find out.

Now I'm not accusing...I'm just saying....
But guess what? THEY ALWAYS FIND OUT. It's o much easier if your just honest.

"tell the truth. the whole truth"
(and I cannot help you if you don't tell the truth)

At least you get a chance to set them straight. Some of them get the message, I imagine.

And adding to what @bbchien said...

We have active lawsuits going against large pharmacies, drug manufacturers, and doctors for over prescribing schedule 1 drugs.

hmmm.. where do you suppose the evidence can be found on THAT?

You don’t need them,but you do use the meds on occasion? Makes one wonder.

Amen. One of the reasons I love/hate this board is the number of posts that really begin with "I think it's easier to get away with not reporting this thing.....how are they ever going to find out.

Now I'm not accusing...I'm just saying....
But guess what? THEY ALWAYS FIND OUT. It's o much easier if your just honest.

"tell the truth. the whole truth"
(and I cannot help you if you don't tell the truth)

Every controlled substance is reported along with name, address, birthdate, dose, strength, prescriber, pharmacy filling and days supply.
It’s called cures.
Every doctor and pharmacy is encouraged (some states I believe required) to check before prescribing or filling a controlled substance for the patient.

You should know that you can buy Mountain Dew without a prescription and it probably works almost as well. ;)

I just feel that newcomers get accused of trolling FAR too often around here. It's a lousy way to welcome new people.

And even if an occasional troll didn't get identified, so what? It's not as if anyone is out any money. If you can't stand even the possibility of being put on, just don't reply, or put the thread on ignore.

It's either a troll or someone trying to figure out a way around the rules. Neither need be welcomed.

It's either a troll or someone trying to figure out a way around the rules. Neither need be welcomed.
Maybe he grew up some in the three years since he wrote those posts. I'd hate to be judged by how I acted at that age.

T.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back