Mayo one or two sides?

cgrab

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
cgrab
Now that POA has become the food network I have a question...while making my Dagwood today I applied mayo to one piece of rye toast to hold the onions. The other was just slapped to the top of the last slice of deli meat which was above the bacon, spinach, tomatoes, cheese....

So do you spread mayo (or mustard) on one or both sides of your toast*.

*Bread is an ingredient in toast and not to be consumed as is.

Mayo is a moisture barrier. I apply it wherever there is a danger of soggy bread.

Mustard on both slices, mayo thickish on one.

I put all the mayo on Lisa's sandwich (both sides seem to get a heavy coat).

Oil and Vinegar on mine.

One side is fine,* just place enough on there for me.

*I do lettuce wrap vs bread

Mayo on one side, cheese on the other, meat in the middle.

You sick, twisted, unwashed, miscreant - there is no sandwhich upon which plain mayo should be applied, and that includes a BLT. Mayo, at best, is a base for higher, more refined sauces - at least add a little chipotle, or capers, or garlic, or someting. . .you gotta get your mind right. . .

Lettuce ,wrap ,bread,all can be good as long as you use mayonnaise ,over everything.

I put mayo on both sides of my wish sandwich.

Exactly. Also, anyone who puts that red tomatoey crap (the C-word) on a hotdog should be shot.

Good thing I spell it with a K...:)

If you put it on both sides of the toast it always lands mayo-side down...and up.

Nauga,
and his buttered cats

Neither!! Mayo is horrible.

Now Miracle Whip...it goes on both sides and the left over knife gets licked clean.

Here’s my game plan...

Bread, mayo, mustard, onion, mater, spinach (or lettuce) meat, meat, meat, meat, meat, meat, oh and meat, mayo, bread.

ZERO SIDES! Not the upside, not the downside, not the inside, not the outside! Not the farside, not the offside, not the backside, not even BE-side it!

Look, science agrees with me! Well, sort of.
https://www.popsci.com/mayonnaise-disgust

And:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelysanders/reasons-mayonnaise-is-gross-the-devils-condiment
Hell(no)Man LOL

This! Mayonnaise is vile, disgusting, abhorrent stuff and I can’t stand even having it touch my skin. I would much prefer eating a sandwich slathered in vomit than mayonnaise.

I'm from Minnesota.... So I don't think sammiches are supposed be made without both sides being covered in mayo. Everyone who makes sandwiches without mayo is wrong according to my first culinary agreements. I've since changed my agreements.

Besides being a mighty fine sammich condiment, mayo is also one of the best things for removing pine sap from your hands.

Back