What's a fare price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
all the parts to assemble a 0-200, all parts are reworked or new, have 8130-3 tags
case, crank, cam, lifters hydraulic units, rods, rocker arms, accessory case, timing gears.oil sump.

all ready for assembly IAW 43.2.

Last edited:
Serious, 5k? I wouldn’t pay that much, but it’s probably in the ballpark. What does a comparable zero time O-200 go for?

I'll estimate one week/40 hours, shop rate of $100/hr, a total of $4K.

Do they have flat rate lists for aircraft? Seems like ADs often come with a labor time estimate.

$0 . Never heard of an 8030-3 so I'm going to assume any tracability documents are bogus.

Serious, 5k? I wouldn’t pay that much, but it’s probably in the ballpark. What does a comparable zero time O-200 go for?
you do realize you can't buy a crank for that?'

16.9K from "Signature"

I think I may have read it wrong. You wanted a price for all the un-assembled parts.

3.5k to 4.5k
Maybe a core if you can find one that cheap.
This is not core, all parts are ready for assembly as new or reworked. needs 4 new cylinders to be complete engine. and comply with 43.2 as 0 since major overhaul.
price of parts alone is over $10k

Not sure what a "fare price is", but going to assume the OP meant "fair price".

Not enough info given. What is new, what has been inspected and how? Has the crank been ground? How many hours total? What about the accessories? What about all the hardware?
Why is it being sold in this condition? Are certs available for the work done to this point?

Oh Tom... take a pic of your box of parts and let the eBay market determine the value. Easy peasy.....;)

"It depends". I'm not even a mechanic, and I would want to know:
  • Crank -- been ground? How much?
  • Cam -- Been reground? How much, and by whom? Hardness tested?
  • Cylinders -- new, old, welded, repaired?
  • New or used pistons?
  • Who did the inspection of the case, cylinders, crank, can, rods, and how?
  • Are the log books present and complete, or not?
There's more, but I'm working and devoting about 2% of my attention to this. Some of the answers would matter a lot to me, others would only affect the price and not whether or not I would want the engine. Top end for me? I'm a cheap b*****d, so you'd have to really want to see it gone.

OBYW the engine sold this afternoon while you guys were stressing over this thread.

Oh Tom... take a pic of your box of parts and let the eBay market determine the value. Easy peasy.....;)
We have other outlets, and folks who know a good deal when they see it. And why should I pay E-Bay fees, when FB market place, Craig's List are free.

"It depends". I'm not even a mechanic, and I would want to know:
  • Crank -- been ground? How much?
  • Cam -- Been reground? How much, and by whom? Hardness tested?
  • Cylinders -- new, old, welded, repaired?
  • New or used pistons?
  • Who did the inspection of the case, cylinders, crank, can, rods, and how?
  • Are the log books present and complete, or not?
There's more, but I'm working and devoting about 2% of my attention to this. Some of the answers would matter a lot to me, others would only affect the price and not whether or not I would want the engine. Top end for me? I'm a cheap b*****d, so you'd have to really want to see it gone.
and while you quibble, it sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back