L-ittle, S-tandard, M-ega

cgrab

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
cgrab
Following a rather bumpy flight after church today, I stopped at Wendy's for a Giant JBC, a salad and of course, a free Frosty. When I told the guy behind the counter that the drink lid dispenser was empty he asked if I had a "Little, standard or mega sized drink." I showed him my cup and he gave me a lid. I walked past the dispensers again and realized why they were empty. The standard lids won't fit in the dispenser marked "S;" the mega won't fit in the dispenser marked "M;" and the little ones fall out of the dispenser marked "L."

I once asked for a "small" size item, and was told that this particular place didn't have "small," only "medium," "large," and "extra-large."
I opened my mouth . . . caught *those* words just in time, took a very deep breath . . . and asked for a "medium."

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I once asked for a "small" size item, and was told that this particular place didn't have "small," only "medium," "large," and "extra-large."
I opened my mouth . . . caught *those* words just in time, took a very deep breath . . . and asked for a "medium."

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Shoulda asked for a Schmedium....

It's pointless for me to get a drink any larger than "small" or "regular" as they may term it, since I generally don't get drinks to go. If I get it to go, there is stuff to drink where I am eating, and otherwise, I'm drinking there and refilling to my needs.

This thread has happened before.

When I was 16 (long before @Ryanb was borned) I worked in a restaurant that had Small or Large for soft drinks. People would order Medium. I would ask which size they wanted, S or L. My coworker would just give them Large, then they'd come back and say "I ordered medium and you charged me for large." One time he said, "Looks like you drank it all, want a refill?" I had to go get something out of the back so the customer wouldn't hear me laughing.

The other thing with soft drinks. Ice. I drink Iced Tea without ice, and if I do get a soda, or a pop, or a coke (another another thread) I ask for it without ice. Not because I want more of the liquid, but because every modern delivery system gives the liquid plenty cold enough. When was the last time you were served a beverage that wasn't cold enough?

"When was the last time you were served a beverage that wasn't cold enough?"

And the ice cubes so large, the consume 50% of the cup volume or more.

Wasn’t there a lawsuit on ice once or twice? Like, if I order a large and it’s 32 oz, but only get 20oz because of ice, that I was short sheeted 12 oz and that is worth like, a bajillion AMUs?

Following a rather bumpy flight after church today, I stopped at Wendy's for a Giant JBC, a salad and of course, a free Frosty. When I told the guy behind the counter that the drink lid dispenser was empty he asked if I had a "Little, standard or mega sized drink." I showed him my cup and he gave me a lid. I walked past the dispensers again and realized why they were empty. The standard lids won't fit in the dispenser marked "S;" the mega won't fit in the dispenser marked "M;" and the little ones fall out of the dispenser marked "L."
No doubt they have a special tiny cup for the freebies. You see that in hotels that have "free breakfasts" as well.

Dave

Wasn’t there a lawsuit on ice once or twice? Like, if I order a large and it’s 32 oz, but only get 20oz because of ice, that I was short sheeted 12 oz and that is worth like, a bajillion AMUs?
Moral of the story: don't buy drinks in places that aren't self serve. It seems to be SOP to fill the cup with ice before adding the drink in those joints. Most are overpriced
as well. Mc Donald's is the exception. Water is still free just about everywhere.

Dave

No doubt they have a special tiny cup for the freebies. You see that in hotels that have "free breakfasts" as well.
Dave

Wendy's sells a key tag that gets me a free Frosty with each visit. I donated to their adoption charity for it. My wife was adopted so we actually got several and gave them out.

Moral of the story: don't buy drinks in places that aren't self serve. It seems to be SOP to fill the cup with ice before adding the drink in those joints. Most are overpriced
as well. Mc Donald's is the exception. Water is still free just about everywhere.
Dave

The drinks were from a self serve dispenser, it was the lids that were missing.

Back