Laptop ADS-B software

MikeS

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
MikeS
I just came across a NooElec ADS-B receiver I bought and then forgot I bought it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NooElec-NE...1:g:1x0AAOSw7FRWXClw:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true

It was buried under some papers on my desk. Looks nifty. It's a tiny receiver that's attached to an antenna. I live next to an airport and I guess I was thinking (don't remember buying it) it would be fun to watch my local traffic on my laptop. It was very inexpensive but looking on-line it appears to be a very solid company with good quality components.

Looking on their website, they recommend a program called PlaneSpotter, among others. Also FltPlan-GO. Both of these programs want Windows 10 and I'm using 7 Pro, 64 bit. Just coincidentally I've got a Windows 10 laptop on it's way but meanwhile I've got two 8-inch Windows 10 tablets but they take USB mini plugs and this receiver is a USB-C. I've probably got an adapter but if not I'll buy one. I bought this receiver on a whim on eBay and is not for use in the plane, just for watching traffic when at home. Just for fun.

Knowing everyone on the board loves toys, it's likely others have also picked one of these receivers up and, if so, what software are you using to display traffic? NooElec says this receiver is compatible with everything. I'd appreciate any comments if anyone has hooked one of these things up.

Thanks,

Mike

Virtual Radar Server is good.

This site consolidates these feeds using VRS: ADSBexchange.com.

Thank you! I'll investigate.

Back