Rick Rolling Physics Professor

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
This is old, from 2014, but I'd not seen it and thought it hilarious and worth sharing:

Getting to grips with the complicated works of a Nobel prize winning physicist can be difficult enough.

But a student's short biography of scientist Niels Bohr has gone viral on the internet after he also managed to weave the lyrics from a Rick Astley song into the text under the nose of his professor.

Sairam Gudiseva's boast on Twitter that he had 'Rick Rolled my physics teacher...', posting an accopmanying photograph of his essay with the verse from the 1987 hit 'Never Gonna Give You Up' written with the first word on every line.

1C04DBC5-6B71-414E-9242-2F65A29EE828.jpeg

I coulda done it better (a few paragraph breaks), but I'm not so sure this is really real.

Whether it was actually submitted or not, someone still took the time to type it all out. Or is that fake too? An internet search shows it's likely legit.

Whether it was actually submitted or not, someone still took the time to type it all out. Or is that fake too? An internet search shows it's likely legit.
That's deeeeeeluxe if genuine.

When my son was a junior in high school, he once handed me two of his already-graded (both receiving "A"s) social science papers...as he handed them to me, he said, "Hey dad, check out the papers I got As on." I noted as he said this, he had a mischievous grin on his face. I read both papers, and I thought both were well done, so I handed them back to him with a "good job kid" from me. He said, "Read them again, vertically using the first letter of each line." Both papers made vile comments about the teacher and the assignments...I think he thought I would find it funny...but I did not...and neither did he when I told him, and later called and told the teacher, that he would be writing new assignments and to re-grade the new ones.

I bet the kid slid the negative remarks in with a better algorithm, and that teacher read the things multiple times looking for the cipher.

I gotta ask...what is the kid doing now!?!?!

Funny or not, it's genius stuff.

I’ve never understood the whole Rick roll thing where people link to a music video. I just do not see the humor in it. Also, manipulating the verbiage of a document in order to do this only serves to make the text choppy and a poor read.

There once was a singer of old,
Who then broke away from the fold,
He won’t give you up,
He won’t let you down,
In a word you have been limerick-rolled.

I gotta ask...what is the kid doing now!?!?!

Funny or not, it's genius stuff.
He's a good kid, 20 years old now, going to a business college and also a regional manager at Target. He just unfortunately inherited his dad's sense of humor...or maybe his dad's sense of pi$$ing into the wind...I'm not sure which.

He's a good kid, 20 years old now, going to a business college and also a regional manager at Target. He just unfortunately inherited his dad's sense of humor...or maybe his dad's sense of pi$$ing into the wind...I'm not sure which.
Yup. Everybody has a different sense of humor. I personally think it's funny.
But the kid explains his motive and effort here.

That kid better have gotten an A for that masterpiece!

There once was a singer of old,
Who then broke away from the fold,
He won’t give you up,
He won’t let you down,
In a word you have been limerick-rolled.

upload_2019-1-23_19-9-47.gif

Last edited:
Agree with @DutchRoller on this... I'd never even heard of Rick Rolling before reading this thread, and now that I know what it is, I'm sort of like... why? What's the point? Maybe I'm just getting old...

Have you heard of an iPad?

They haven't even been in existence as long as RRing.

The point? Same as any other non harmful prank.

Agree with @DutchRoller on this... I'd never even heard of Rick Rolling before reading this thread, and now that I know what it is, I'm sort of like... why? What's the point? Maybe I'm just getting old...
There was actually a scientific study done on what kind of people would do it. The results were actually pretty interesting. It’s a specific person that does it and a specific person that either likes it or finds it incredibly disrespectful.

This is 4 minutes of summary - I’ll keep looking for the study, but I recommend watching it to see how the study was done

Over the past shear or two, Rick rolling has evolved into being gnomed

Check YouTube to see what I mean.

Back