Might need to start wearing steel toe boots when flying.

Ouch!

I’ve thought about that sort of scenario in my Sky Arrow - there’s not a lot of structure in front of my feet were something to go wrong.

This looks horrible...

n600us%2B9.JPG

...but the injuries were reported as “1 minor”!

Ouch!

I’ve thought about that sort of scenario in my Sky Arrow - there’s not a lot of structure in front of my feet were something to go wrong.

This looks horrible...

n600us%2B9.JPG

On the plus side, you don’t have to worry about being trapped in the airplane. :)

Ouch!

This looks horrible...

n600us%2B9.JPG

Just because they had to dig the corpse out of a hole in the ground doesn’t make him a miner.

Long Ez now a short Ez? Shame, I'd love to have one of those. Interesting artwork on it as well.

Yeah, it’s a Vari.

I’m gonna sound like a complete n00b so please forgive me. The only tail dragger I remember ever being in was one that my dad took me for a ride in when I was around 15. It was a DC3, or something similar on a freight run. So this is going to sound realllllly stupid.

Couldn’t a mirror be mounted up above the pilot and angled to provide at least some sense of what’s in front? Or is that just dumb and unworkable thought? Or something out on the strut if there is one?

Ouch. Didn't a TBM slice up an RV at Osh a few years ago? It looked like those pictures of whales hit by boats, row of slices up the tail.

EDIT: Found it. Passenger died, pilot lived.

Attachments

• tbm.jpg
    tbm.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
What was the model of the tailwheel plane?

Couldn’t a mirror be mounted up above the pilot and angled to provide at least some sense of what’s in front? Or is that just dumb and unworkable thought? Or something out on the strut if there is one?
How about a GoPro? Side benefit is that you could make some side hustle as a vlogger with a youtube channel.

Oh yes. An action role playing game with androids. Sounds exciting! Dude even has parts of the characters extending onto the canopy. :D To each his own I guess.

Tron Guy showed up at one of the Gastons fly-ins. You never know what you'll see.

Oh yes. An action role playing game with androids. Sounds exciting! Dude even has parts of the characters extending onto the canopy. :D To each his own I guess.

because basic 1960s brown and white paint stripes are so much cooler...

The reality is that even a nosegear airplane has visibility issues right over the nose. If a 4 year old was doing pull-ups from your spinner, you'd never see him. So you have to be aware of "stuff" before you climb into your airplane.

Taildraggers are worse, but you've gotta be aware of what's 10' or 50' in front of you. It is inexcusable.

because basic 1960s brown and white paint stripes are so much cooler...

Yeah I’d take that over video game characters on my plane. Wouldn’t put them on my car so why on a plane?

It’s not like 1960s paint schemes are even used today anyway. There are many modern schemes that look far better than than the aircraft in question.

Yeah I’d take that over video game characters on my plane. Wouldn’t put them on my car so why on a plane?

People do all sorts of crazy paint schemes. There were a couple of RV's at Oshkosh a few years ago that were painted as dragons, complete with fire and various appendages punching through the skin. I hope those guys planned to keep their airplanes for a long time, because those paint schemes would have a very small resale audience without a giving a large discount. The dragon RV's are only two among several really unique and horrible schemes I've seen on RV's. I'm sure mine's not to everyone's taste, but unless you hate white and/or a splash of yellow, it shouldn't be the cause for an immediate "no thanks".

It’s not like 1960s paint schemes are even used today anyway. There are many modern schemes that look far better than than the aircraft in question.

Really? Everything I've seen that's been repainted looks like the same old boring stripes with boring colors. Sure the wrap is a little odd on the plane, but more power to him for trying something different. Beside, who cares if we like it if he likes it.

Really? Everything I've seen that's been repainted looks like the same old boring stripes with boring colors. Sure the wrap is a little odd on the plane, but more power to him for trying something different. Beside, who cares if we like it if he likes it.

The beauty of a wrap is that it comes off with a little elbow grease and a blowdryer.

Yep, stripes would look better than this. Heck, all white would look better than that. It doesn’t go with the design. I liked Tom and Jerry as a kid but I wouldn’t put them on my plane.

At any rate, perhaps you didn’t read my “to each his own” comment. It’s his personal design and I have the right to dislike it. As you said, it looks “odd.” I’m sure he could care less about my opinion of his paint scheme. But, fact is this is a design that would appeal to very few people and not the masses. If it it did, then Cirrus needs to seriously rethink their SF50 paint schemes and start vinyl wrapping their aircraft with Japanimation characters to improve sales.

That artwork is the entire reason why this guy destroyed his airplane. Put it out of its misery.
I'm sure he would've throttled back a fair bit if you wanted to catch up to get a better look. ;)

An action role playing game with androids. Sounds exciting!
NieR Automata. I've heard good things about the game. I have it but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I'll let you borrow it when I'm done. :cool:

To each his own I guess.
Apparently not here. :rolleyes:

Nauga,
who watched a football game last year

Last edited:
So no prop strike on the long easy. Good to go.

Dlc02_f-15e_01.jpg

Ace Combat 6's DLC aircraft ;)

That image would strike fear in the hearts of your enemy. Might as well put puppies and flowers on it.

What I want to know is, how does the vinyl wrap stay attached during Mach 2 speeds? ;)

Appreciate the comments on the suitability/general acceptability or not of the wrap. Can we talk about how it is that someone rated in a taildragger manages to taxi over/into another aircraft?

I know this isn’t the first nor will it be the last time this will happen but seriously? Has this chap never heard of S-turns? If the pilot of the VariEze had died, wouldn’t this be manslaughter/culpable homicide?

What I want to know is, how does the vinyl wrap stay attached during Mach 2 speeds? ;)
You joke, but small areas of polymer 'wrap' were tested on Hornets back in the 90's.

Nauga,
on film

You joke, but small areas of polymer 'wrap' were tested on Hornets back in the 90's.

Nauga,
on film
As unit markings or was is for a protective coating?

Back