Airlines to Start Announcing Passengers That Are Also Pilots

Just not something your average TSA agent would have seen before...

TSA: “what is this?”

YOU: “It’s a thing I use in my plane for ADSB-in so I can see traffic and weather and even “synthetic vision.”

TSA: “Riiiight. Step out of the line, sir. JOE, come come over here and check this sht out!”
There's a lot of stuff they don't see regularly. As long as it's something that's not obviously dangerous they're not paid enough (or anything) to care.

There's a lot of stuff they don't see regularly. As long as it's something that's not obviously dangerous they're not paid enough (or anything) to care.

Well, I wouldn't describe a bottle of lotion over 3 ounces or a bottle of soda as obviously dangerous.

YOU: “It’s a thing I use in my plane for ADSB-in so I can see traffic and weather and even “synthetic vision.”

TSA: “Riiiight. Step out of the line, sir. JOE, come come over here and check this sht out!”

Is it a gun? No
Is it a sharp edged weapon? No
Is it a liquid? No

Then they don't know, and they don't care. That is about how simplistic their training actually is.

"It's an accessory for my iPad."

If they want more detail, then "It displays weather and traffic information on a map."

My wife and our mechanic went through security with last minute, one-way tickets. Their carry-on was full of aeronautical charts, a portable intercom, handheld gps, handheld navcom, headsets, etc... Not one word about all that stuff was mentioned.

TSA: Has anybody introduce things into your luggage without your knowledge?
PAS: If they did, how would I know?
TSA: That's why we ask.

They only people who have ever stuffed things into my luggage after I pack are TSA. Jackasses.

[QUOTE="SixPapaCharlie, post: .... but I feel bad for the people falling for it when it is quite clearly satire.[/QUOTE]

Uhh, kind of like someone we know and the FAA?

I'm a private pilot, I don't need to be announced, I just wear my epaulets when I fly commercially. (Green font)

The actual quote is:

Col. Don Conroy, USMC (who the astute will recognize was the father of The Great Santini author, Pat Conroy, and about whom the book's protagonist Bull Meecham was modeled).

A version of this saying was also in "Flight of the Intruder".

Ain't never read the book or seen the movie. The actual quote starts with "Never ask a man if he is from Texas..."

But, speaking of fighter pilots,
https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/lets-make-friday-joke-day.12125/page-6#post-210190
https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/com...ake-friday-joke-day.12125/page-38#post-659054

Back