Nova Scotia

Glenn C

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Glenn C
Has anyone flown up to Nova Scotia and if so, do you have a recommended itinerary?

Gonna give this thread a bump, I am thinking about going up there this summer. I've been to Halifax and Charlottetown, both places were very pleasant to visit. Just wondering where else would be a good stop.

I was up there Moose hunting in Oct. You could fly up to Deer Lake and visit Gros Morne National Park. Stunning scenery and would have loved to have done some hiking but we were spent from a week of moose hunting in the backcountry.

We spent a few days on Cape Breton. Landed at Sydney (no tie downs, just a patch of asphalt to park on and get charged for). We drove the loop around the Highlands park and spent the night in Cheticamp. It was absolutely worth it, beautiful scenery and delicious crab and lobster.

We landed at Charlottetown and ended up leaving the plane due to wx and turning the rest intonabferry/car trip. The northern end of Nova Scotia was beautiful in the fall.

Fwiw, just got the nav Canada bill for two days of flying. They told me I was wrong in thinking it was a daily rate, the charge was 55 Canadian.

Fun trip!

We landed at Charlottetown and ended up leaving the plane due to wx and turning the rest intonabferry/car trip. The northern end of Nova Scotia was beautiful in the fall.

Fwiw, just got the nav Canada bill for two days of flying. They told me I was wrong in thinking it was a daily rate, the charge was 55 Canadian.

Fun trip!

Head up to the East end of the island, absolutely beautiful country. A bit chilly this time of year, make sure you go back during the warmer months!

Back