Major rant happening here..... beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t want to be tied down to anything. I suspect the housing market will tank next year so I wanted out while the getting was good.

Let’s turn that negativity into positivity!

Not true. Sold a very nice house for a premium. Two appraisals came in below the accepted offer price.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Well I should take back my statement because yeah Ive seen houses selling for 250k in a neighborhood where the rest of the houses are 100k. Not good to have the nicest house on the block. Not implying at all that was your case. In my neck of the woods though seriously most things seems to appraise for value if it has a contract. We built a house on 15 acres 2 years ago, its not your typical house in this area and nothing to really compare it too. The builder said it likely wont appraise for the build price..Well ill be danged it appraised for more. Which in that case im happy for! haha

Two appraisals came back below, did any come above?

I don’t want to be tied down to anything. I suspect the housing market will tank next year so I wanted out while the getting was good.

Curious as to why the housing market would tank . . . again. Or are you just talking about markets in general?

Seems to me that cheap money is the only thing propping it up.

And I've been entirely baffled as to why dumping all the cheap money into the economy since 2008 has not triggered inflation.

So far in debt that it barely made a dent?

I suppose. I also had a lengthy conversation with an economist who believes that automation has fundamentally changed the economy and the cheap money has simply been masking the effects. I'm not going to try to recreate his argument here, but suffice it to say, it's plausible.

As the baby boomers die off will there be an excess of inventory?

Curious as to why the housing market would tank . . . again. Or are you just talking about markets in general?
Builders are building like crazy right now. Soon there will be more houses than buyers and home prices are on the rise. Couple that with rising interest rates you will have less people that can afford those houses. A correction will happen but obviously nobody knows when. But when they do crash I'll be buying!

Self inflicted rants do not qualify as true rants.

Every real estate transaction I've seen as had a "contingent upon" clause in there for finding/selling another property.

At the very least I was ready for more land.
I recommend a minimum of 50 acres! I have 15 and it just keeps us to close to our neighbor. Me personally my next build will be right smack in the middle of 100 acres. Even my father in law has 33 acres and still can see neighbors. 50 minimum if not more trust me! Haha

People couldn't resist turning this thread political. Posts have been deleted, and it has been closed by MC vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back