Slick tool for Handcutting Aluminum sheet

Yep, anyone that does a lot of sheet metal work should have one. Awesome tool.

Since you're going to compare a $10 hand tool to a floor tool which can cost hundreds, I'll respond with:

A sheet metal shear is even less work. And it's only $16,850.

;)
True. But a table saw is a pretty common home shop tool. Or, at least a circular saw...
And, while it work GREAT for aluminum trim stock for the house, I have found the score / snap to be a pita for the thickness / sizes of aluminum sheet that I have used for fabricating airplane parts.
(The fence on my saw was less than $300...)

True. But a table saw is a pretty common home shop tool. Or, at least a circular saw...
And, while it work GREAT for aluminum trim stock for the house, I have found the score / snap to be a pita for the thickness / sizes of aluminum sheet that I have used for fabricating airplane parts.
(The fence on my saw was less than $300...)

So is a laminate trimmer and a straight trimming bit and a straight edge. they cut thru aluminum sheet like butter.

Since you're going to compare a $10 hand tool to a floor tool which can cost hundreds, I'll respond with:

A sheet metal shear is even less work. And it's only $16,850.
;)

I'm lucky, I just walk across to a neighboring hangar and use the Shear and Break for free... As well as the Mill, Lathe, Bead Blaster, Mig/Tig/Arc welder, Band Saw, Torch, and Sander....:rolleyes:

Not to mention any aluminum sheet in the scrap pile..:)

But I think I'll pick one up just because..

Anyone have any suggestions for cutting a hole? I have an access hole I need to open up the diameter by 1/4" or so, not sure if I want to use a dremel and make a mess.

Back