Meigs to reopen?

Cap'n Jack

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cap'n Jack
Ref: http://aviationdaily.news/2019/01/12/276/

Chicago’s Mayor Rahm Emanual Has announced his plans to return Chicago Meig’s Field back to service as a thriving Class D airport in the Fall of 2020.

Construction on the new 6000 foot runway is expected to begin as early as fall of 2019 with the airport completion slated for September of 2020.

Plans call for an on field restaurant, first class FBO, and bragging rights of the tallest control tower in North America.

Odd I can't find other information on this- maybe Fake News?

Last edited:
Other stories on the same site:

EAA Cancels 2019 AirVenture Due to Ongoing Canadian Border Crisis January 13, 2019

With ADS-B Out Installed, You Can Legally Remove The Compass January 13, 2019

FAA Restarts ADS-B Rebate Program and Considers Early Rebates for ADS-C & ADS-D January 12, 2019

PETA Starts Pilots N Paws Offshoot, “Pilots N Claws”, Offering Safe, Non-Judgmental Transport for Rabid and Wild Animals January 12, 2019

Mystery as Woman Exits Small Plane Alone January 11, 2019

From the "About" page:
This site publishes satire. If you don’t have a sense of humor that is unfortunate. We call this discrepancy the “experience gap.”

Thanks- I missed the "About" page.

I wondered why no one posted it yesterday, and felt something was odd when I couldn't see other references.

“Pilots N Claws”

Classic!!

I'm still affronted and angered at the arrogance displayed by Chicago mayor Richard Daley when he ordered the airport to be destroyed.
Given the way he had the runway torn up in the middle of the night, with no notice, I considered it an act of terrorism.

Given the way he had the runway torn up in the middle of the night, with no notice, I considered it an act of terrorism.
How is it possible that he was not arrested and thrown in jail the next day? I guess this is sort of a rhetorical question. I'm afraid I already know the answer. :(

Satire signs where all there

"This destruction angered thousands of pilots, left multiple aircraft stranded on the field and left hundreds of thousands of Microsoft Flight Sim players asking “Where am I?” when the game opened to its default takeoff scenario.

Construction on the new 6000 foot runway is expected to begin as early as fall of 2019 with the airport completion slated for September of 2020.

Plans call for an on field restaurant, first class FBO, and bragging rights of the tallest control tower in North America.

In coordination with the re-opening of the field Microsoft will revert its next generation flight sim to default at this location."

Sigh. I was getting excited to have the Mayor and Mrs Daley memorial bathrooms

The Onion” of aviation!!

I like the airventure cancelled due to Canadian border crisis. Lol

It better be true. I pre-paid for a 99-year lease on a hangar!

I'm still affronted and angered at the arrogance displayed by Chicago mayor Richard Daley when he ordered the airport to be destroyed.

Thought it was Jayne Byrnes (sp) who did that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This spoof of Spirit is a good one. It's increasingly possible to take the premise of the article seriously. :D

In a move that surprised nobody, Spirit Airlines was officially declared an Airline for the legless community only.

“It was only a matter of time.” an anonymous Spirit employee stated. “By moving the seats 2 inches closer together, we could fit more people on the plane and overall since they are not full people, it adds less weight. So the flight costs far less to operate but we can sell more tickets. Its a big win for Spirit Airlines.”

http://aviationdaily.news/2019/01/14/spirit-airlines-declared-first-airline-for-the-leg-less-only/

This spoof of Spirit is a good one. It's increasingly possible to take the premise of the article seriously. :D

In a move that surprised nobody, Spirit Airlines was officially declared an Airline for the legless community only.

“It was only a matter of time.” an anonymous Spirit employee stated. “By moving the seats 2 inches closer together, we could fit more people on the plane and overall since they are not full people, it adds less weight. So the flight costs far less to operate but we can sell more tickets. Its a big win for Spirit Airlines.”

http://aviationdaily.news/2019/01/14/spirit-airlines-declared-first-airline-for-the-leg-less-only/

I flew on Spirit one time in my life.
This is pretty accurate.

How is it possible that he was not arrested and thrown in jail the next day? I guess this is sort of a rhetorical question. I'm afraid I already know the answer. :(

The owner of the airport would have to file a complaint for the Mayor to be arrested. And the airport is municipally owned. -Skip

Back