Twin bush plane

The props are not idintically clocked. That right engine has 200 hours left TOPS.

The props are not idintically clocked. That right engine has 200 hours left TOPS.
What's the indication for the engine death schedule? I didn't have time to read the logbooks yet. And, I'm not sure the props clocking is accurate. It may have just got out of annual, slapped back together, and they hadn't run the motors yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

So what are the extra levers on the quadrant?
???-throttlex2-propx2-mixturex2-???

What's the indication for the engine death schedule? I didn't have time to read the logbooks yet. And, I'm not sure the props clocking is accurate. It may have just got out of annual, slapped back together, and they hadn't run the motors yet.

Sorry, it was a joke.

Cowl flaps maybe? Engines are injected, so they're not carb heat.

I was thinking cowl flaps or friction locks.

Though the takeoff checklist placard in one picture mentions carb heat. Which is strange as they do appear to be injected.

Will this go places that an Aztec won't, and are those places that you're likely to go?

Are you willing to bid on an airplane sight unseen?

Will this go places that an Aztec won't, and are those places that you're likely to go?

I would say yes, and it will haul things you won’t fit in an Aztec.

People do it all the time. How is this any different?

The Evangel is a plane that always intrigued me, in the same sense that the Dorniers do.

1) Maybe. I want to find out. I should call my sponsor.

2) Maybe. I feel a tad irritable, restless, and discontent. I should call my sponsor.

Wife says go, but there's something keeping me from making a rash decision. I think it's pure fear. Or money. Mostly money, I think, with a bit of fear. Yup, money. Fear is easy to overcome. I'm not scared.

I would be concerned about keeping the Evangel flying. I assume it uses lots and lots of off the shelf parts, but if you need something unique to it I'm guessing someone's going to have to build it for you.

Also, I certainly wouldn't expect it to be as well thought out and developed as anything that came from Cessna, Piper, or Beech.

I think it would be a good deal for about $85K ... if I had an A&P ticket.

I love this quote from the listing:

"Be prepared to have everyone
from tower operators, pilots, and aviation enthusiasts hound you with questions about 001,
unique and eye-catching utility aircraft!"

Yeah, mainly "Dafuq is THAT??"

Last edited:
I love this quote from the listing:

"Be prepared to have everyone
from tower operators, pilots, and aviation enthusiasts hound you with questions about 001,
unique and eye-catching utility aircraft!"

Yeah, mainly "Dafuq is THAT??"
The serial number.

It could be they would take much less and are just getting the exposure from eBay.

Same seller has a DC-3 for only about 80k more...
DC-3, I bet that would be expensive to own and operate. If you had a well supplied machine shop and tools to produce skins and other parts you could do most of the work yourself. Radial engines are sweet but expensive to maintain.

That thing reminds me of the WWI replicas. It’s like someone made a homebuilt 7/8 scale Beech 18.

I like the look of the DC-3 more. Anyone wanna go halvsies? Must have machine shop, truck, shop dog, understanding SO, A&P. Send pic of truck.

Back