What fly-ins do you plan to attend in 2019?

You mean your family is going to be in the Dells, and you're going to be at Oshkosh. :p

You should spend one day in the Dells, and bring the family to Oshkosh for a day. I do the latter half of that each year.

Actually, it'll be 6 days in the Dells, and the 12 of us will likely drive over to Osh for one.

I haven't been to the Reading (PA) airshow in a long time. I think I want to get there this spring.
Everything else is up in the air. (pun intended)
I haven’t been to that one. I’m excited that the air show is coming back to KAVP. Close to home and in past was a great show.

we're invading @RDUPilot 's lunch. there's a restaurant on the field, cheapish fuel, eh, uh, that about covers it I think.
An invasion it shall be.. mtv is one of the best kept secrets on the field restaurants around... anyone is welcome to join us.. look for mooneys on the field..
At noon..

Last edited:
An invasion it shall be.. mtv is one of the best kept on the field restaurants around... anyone is welcome to join is.. look for mooneys on the field..
At noon..

Sounds good. Unless something unexpected happens, I should be there.

SnF, Paris 2019(!!), and Osh2019. Others if the work schedule allows.

An invasion it shall be..

I wish I could... Pretty pizzed that I can't. I'll be sleeping off one mid-shift and preparing for the next... o_O... And, if I can finish shaking off this dam head-cold, I'll finish up my insurance solo hours Tuesday and or Wednesday

I've never been to a fly-in. Not really sure why, maybe I'm just concerned that everyone is going to judge my landing. If I could get everyone to promise to close their eyes and not watch while I land, like I do, I may be more inclined to participate.

Heck, I know a great fly-in restaurant at KPWT that has that problem. I swear I reserve my worst landings for that LOOONG paved runway because I know the diners are sitting there grading landings. How do I know? Because that's what I do when eating there. :D

Now, fly-ins that I've been to? SnF back in 2005 (was in the area for Spring Break and took a day to drive down and enjoy the show) and the AOPA Fly-in at KPWT in 2016 (flew in the day before, slept under the wing of the plane and marshalled aircraft to parking the first half of the day, then strolled through the exhibits before flying home that afternoon).

No plans for this year. One of these years I need to get up to Arlington (WA).

Will try for Rough River, AOPA Tullahoma, and perhaps, Air Venture.

Green Bay? I thought OSH was in Oshkosh, Wisconsin??

Airventure makes Wittman Regional Airport the third-largest city in the state of Wisconsin for the week behind Milwaukee and Madison. Needless to say, in spite of the availability of camping on the field, dorms at UW-Oshkosh, and local houses, every hotel room in Oshkosh is booked well beforehand. I don't know that I'd go as far away as Green Bay, but by show time that'll be the closest you can find a room.

Over in the UK right now, but planning on making the trip back to FL for Sun n Fun (10th visit) and knock out my Flight Review and medical while in town as both are due in April.

I haven't been to the Reading (PA) airshow in a long time. I think I want to get there this spring.
Everything else is up in the air. (pun intended)
Let me know and I’ll try to join if you want company. I am close to you.

Anyone POA’ers planning on attending the AOPA in Tullahoma?

My plan is to arrive Thursday around 1200. Staying at the Hampton in Manchester.

The first one I can get to. After medical, deox, flight review, and checkout... At this rate, it'll be 2020

Deox=getting the rust off.

Anyone POA’ers planning on attending the AOPA in Tullahoma?

My plan is to arrive Thursday around 1200. Staying at the Hampton in Manchester.
I'm considering going, probably on Friday.

I'll be at Triple Tree (Woodruff, SC) Sept. 6-8. We'll be bringing two DC-3s and a Beech 18.

Back