Your PIC Hours for 2018

The lions share of my revised 101.7 hours includes the 91 hours since I bought my plane (8) months ago. Ownership is awesome as it also gave me the incentive to start on my Commercial

PIC: 91.1
NIGHT: 7.1
CROSS COUNTRY: 52.5 (Only >50nm from departure point were counted)

383 in 2018. That is my best year ever. About ⅔ of that was paid, both cfiing and contract piloting. Don’t know what qualifies as “professional “. Flying isn’t my full time job and wouldn’t want it to be. Heck, I turned 70 in 2018. I ought to be a Walmart greeter.

Is that part-time or full-time CFIing? I'm thinking of dropping the cushy office job to take the plunge this summer...
Full time just working on private students I cleared 40k. If you work all the time and do IFR and commercial stuff you could hit 50.
Not gonna lie flying that much sucked. I flew 7 days a week from feb to may then I started doing 14 on 2 off. Per 2 week pay period was getting between 80-100hrs paid then at the airport another 15-20hrs unpaid waiting on wx or in between students.

You Professional folks need not comment :)

Me 121.7

What say you?
35 hours - did not help that our airplane was in the shop 1/3 of the year. I have also learned that the higher performance airplane and the longer you have owned the bird the fewer hours you will typically fly. I would like to have a taildragger again just to fly for fun, something like a Citabria. But I am not giving up the 210 yet.

11.7 hours in 2018. Way too little. We'll see how this year goes, I've already got 1.4 hours (today).

Now, hours as self-loading cargo in pressurized aluminum mailing tubes? Too many.

Sigh, only 45.1. But I had a medical issue in June that impacted my ability to fly for the whole back half of the year. Despite that, though, my MyFlightbook annual summary had some interesting stats:

Attachments

• recentachievements.png
    recentachievements.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 18
Four-ish.
First airplane hours in 27 years...
I'll be flying quite a bit in the future, now that I own an airplane and will be instructing again.
It's great to be back!

Just about 40 hours. Lots of 1.2 hour flights...:) Not to bad for working 55 hours a week. Did get the annual done in 2 weeks. Upgrades took about another 6 weekends out of flying throughout the year.

Now, hours as self-loading cargo in pressurized aluminum mailing tubes? Too many.

I’m with ya there. Had enough miles/segments on UAL to keep my Gold status, A-list with SWA, and 3 round trips to DXB on Emirates. Managed Diamond with Hilton and Executive Elite with Enterprise/National, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m with ya there. Had enough miles/segments on UAL to keep my Gold status, A-list with SWA, and 3 round trips to DXB on Emirates. Managed Diamond with Hilton and Executive Elite with Enterprise/National, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck, I've got over 1 1/3 millions miles on UA, so I'm Premier Gold (at a minimum) for life (as is my wife). I'll never spend enough to get Premier Platinum any year, and I pray I never make 2 million miles lifetime. :p

Sweet Jesus, I don't even want to look at my log book. I bet it was less than 40 hrs this year. Plane was 100% ready to rock all year, so no excuses there. Just busy as heck. I did get in a flight to Kentucky and Oshkosh, so that's something.

I resolve to fly more this year.

265 private GA (including a few Angel Flights) this year. Down from the past 2 years, which were 400 and 300. No paid flying.

Plan for this year is to hit 800 airports flown to! At 754 right now...(orange is airports that we camped the night at)

22Qqi2f.png

About 110. The biggest chunk was CA to Oshkosh, and then down to Ft. Worth to visit some friends before returning home...23-ish hours. Lots of 100-mile round-trip breakfast runs, and flights to Mojave, San Diego, Lake Havasu and Santa Maria.

This year I will truly go coast to coast...SoCal to Osh, spend three days at the show, then drop my copilot off at his home on Long Island, NY.

I got 14.3... which stinks. But I moved from NH (got a few hours there) to Oklahoma City (got a few more) in March for ATC school, and moved to my current facility in Puerto Rico in August. Hopefully this year is better, but I don’t see that happening until I own.

0.0 Cancer sucks!
(But I hope to be back.)

I got a little over 150 this year my best year ever. This was mostly due to getting all the ratings I did.

I got 14.3... which stinks. But I moved from NH (got a few hours there) to Oklahoma City (got a few more) in March for ATC school, and moved to my current facility in Puerto Rico in August. Hopefully this year is better, but I don’t see that happening until I own.
How do you like living in Puerto Rico? I could use a little down time this time of the year sounds inviting...:)

35 hours - did not help that our airplane was in the shop 1/3 of the year. I have also learned that the higher performance airplane and the longer you have owned the bird the fewer hours you will typically fly. I would like to have a taildragger again just to fly for fun, something like a Citabria. But I am not giving up the 210 yet.
That's what I'm doing these days. Retired, bought a 67 Cherokee 140 as a VFR river cruiser. I do plan to fly out to CA in the coming year. I'lll just have to take my beating

How do you like living in Puerto Rico? I could use a little down time this time of the year sounds inviting...:)

It’s.... different. Lol. But overall I enjoy it. I’m in the San Juan metro area so it’s pretty packed but when you get out to other parts of the island it’s nice. Flying is stupid expensive though. 185-200+ an hour for a 172...

Last night I made a map of my travels for 2018:

upload_2019-1-3_8-41-12.png

About 45,000 miles flown (probably closer to 50,000 actually), 5 time zones hit. Missed out on the PNW but made it to Calgary, so still got in the general northwest direction. Added a new country (Costa Rica) to the list. Almost all of those miles were in the MU-2, the only flying in the 414 was a test flight and delivery to Salt Lake City.

My kind of flying.

166. Personal record for me, due to a trip out west, a trip out east, and the training/checkride for an IR.

Last edited:
~~30... between lost access to club plane (resigned), 2 months completing purchase of my Mooney and all the shytty weather... hoping to do much better this year... but I think my work schedule and continuing Wx issues are gonna make it a challenge.

Edit: For example... I’m working 24 hours between Friday afternoon and Sunday morning this weekend... the first 2 decent weather days in the last week

Last edited:
For most of the professional folks, this thread takes on the air of a golf game. For us, the lowest score wins. ;)

To be technically correct, it is the spread between block hours and credit hours.

For example, this year for me:

Block: 427.0
Credit: 1088.2

My favorite hours of the year, though, were in this little beastie:
209gbjt.jpg

Last edited:
3. Will get more than that in one week this year when I do my tailwheel training. That could then open some flight opportunities in the club here in Germany that only has tailwheel aircraft.

Just under 250 for work, about 20 in the flying club 172. There will be a lot more SE piston hours this coming year, especially since I'm planning on going to OSH.

I concur. Cancer does indeed suck. Here's to a full recovery for you.

Thanks. Time to see what hoops I'll have to jump through to get my medical back.

61 hours. Better than I feared, worse than I hoped.

0 PIC, 1 hour dual, in a light sport trike. I'll get some more trike dual next year, but I'm going to be a permastudent for a while. There are no trikes for rent, and I have too much going on to get involved in an ownership situation now.

Sigh. 3.4. Back surgery kept me on the ground for a good portion of the year. The rest was due to having other priorities.

I hadn't flown in 11 years up until last year, and between training for my commercial and just making a commitment to fly more now that I had the money to do so, flew more in '18 than any other year since I started flying in '79.

Back