Want To Do Some Sightseeing

farky

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
farky
Spending a week and a half in Florida with family and wanting to take a few sightseeing flights around the area. Any suggestions on the best place to rent a true 4 place aircraft in the Sarasota/Venice/St. Pete area?

What plane do you have in mind,all three airports have flight schools.

I guess I didn't really have anything in particular in mind....just a basic 4 place aircraft....I'm sure there are lots around ....just curious if anyone had an opinion on the best people to deal with really....

Albert Whitted in St. Pete is so much fun to fly into. On short final you are right over the water coming in to land. Restaurant on site, so that's an added benefit.

Ok, I'll shoot. I'm out of the Tampa area.

Tampa Bay Aviation out of St.Pete / Clearwater has two locations (KPIE) & (KCLW) with average availability / good selection of aircraft. They treated me like family and are friendly. Josh is the head there and is the friendliest guy you will meet if you get the chance to meet him.

Now you have another option. Atlas Aviation out of (KTPF) They have a short excellent selection of aircraft that are well maintained. Front desk staff is friendly. Stay the hell away from the flight school aspect of it though and be careful renting. I dealt with them and realized that Dave Presnell is head over there and is strictly business with no heart for aviation. So..... god forbid you get that rental back even 30 minutes late due to weather ;)

Ok, I'll shoot. I'm out of the Tampa area.

Tampa Bay Aviation out of St.Pete / Clearwater has two locations (KPIE) & (KCLW) with average availability / good selection of aircraft. They treated me like family and are friendly. Josh is the head there and is the friendliest guy you will meet if you get the chance to meet him.

Now you have another option. Atlas Aviation out of (KTPF) They have a short excellent selection of aircraft that are well maintained. Front desk staff is friendly. Stay the hell away from the flight school aspect of it though and be careful renting. I dealt with them and realized that Dave Presnell is head over there and is strictly business with no heart for aviation. So..... god forbid you get that rental back even 30 minutes late due to weather ;)

Thanks!

Albert Whitted in St. Pete is so much fun to fly into. On short final you are right over the water coming in to land. Restaurant on site, so that's an added benefit.
Any suggestions on a flight school at SPG for a one time dual flight? I am also visiting St. Pete and Sarasota in a few weeks and would like to do a dual flight while there. I tried to do one last year but the weather did not cooperate.

Sorry, I rented twice from Tampa Bay Aviation in Clearwater, and last time I flew my own plane in.

That is who I tried to use last year. I had called ahead and explained I was just looking for a one time flight with a CFI. When I went over there, they seemed perplexed that I was not working on training. In the end, the weather end up not working out. I will give them another call.
Yea couldn’t recommend them. I never was able to get on their schedule. They are PACKED!

Maybe someone can vouch for them. I know they have a C182T I think.

Back