Red Dragon Hose

blueskyMD

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bigfoot297
They call it heavy duty ducting. I have one which I use when I go home to Allentown to preheat as I do not have a hangar there. The hose is torn up after years of bending and normal use. The new one from them is over $100. Any cheaper solutions out there ? I can try to repair it. Need to find a tape which can withstand high heat and still sticks

Will heating vent work with aluminum tape?

Flex duct from Home depot.

Had my Surefire pre-heater stored in the barn after selling my last plane. Found Mice ate thru the hose when I took it out for the new plane. Found the aluminum 4” ducting not acceptable. It was cheap but flimsy. I sprung for the $100 hose, actually $109 bucks. Works Great!

I’m having Reiff unit installed during the condition inspection in June.

I was in the same boat. My Red Dragon ducting starting splitting all over and the wire came through. I picked up a length of new black high temp duct hose in the Aeromart at Oshkosh this past summer and it works great! I only paid like $10 or $20 for it there, but I googled the product number before I bought it and I seem to recall that Spruce or Wicks carried it and the price was reasonable. I'll try to remember to get the number next time I'm at the airport and will send it to you to check out.

Jim

I was in the same boat. My Red Dragon ducting starting splitting all over and the wire came through. I picked up a length of new black high temp duct hose in the Aeromart at Oshkosh this past summer and it works great! I only paid like $10 or $20 for it there, but I googled the product number before I bought it and I seem to recall that Spruce or Wicks carried it and the price was reasonable. I'll try to remember to get the number next time I'm at the airport and will send it to you to check out.

Jim
Thank Jim
That would be awesome. looking forward to getting p/n from you . you can PM me

I was up at the airport today and looked at the hose. It's called "Aeroduct" and Wicks carries it (sold by the foot).

http://aircraftproducts.wicksaircraft.com/viewitems/aeroduct-hose/aeroduct-ducting

Unfortunately there are no part numbers on the hose itself and I can't find the paperwork that came with it. I *think* it's the CAT type in either 3 1/2 or 4" I.D.

Hope this helps.

Jim

63-FBAB76-E526-4568-9132-9136279-B8106.jpg

I purchased semi-rigid aluminum dryer duct for our local FBO to use on their Red Dragon preheater. They lean towards short, hot preheats and were burning through both the orange non-metallic duct and the light aluminum foil dryer ducting. The semi-rigid aluminum is still going strong 3 years later. Here's a link to one like it at Lowes.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/IMPERIAL-Outdoor-Exhaust-Dryer-Vent-Kit/3308238

Back