What fly-ins do you plan to attend in 2019?

One never knows. I could surprise you all.

All the major ones are over in Florida, so it’s tough to attend. Probably the only ones I’d have time to get to would be AOPA’s Fly-In in Livermore, CA in June. Maybe OSH if the stars and budget align.

Gaston's
6Y9er
Wings (may have to airline that one)
Maybe a couple of days of OSH

Maybe we get a group of Beech and non-Beech owning members to attend the Beech Party. They don't kick-out non-Beechcraft owners. Nice location and centrally located for those of us in the SE.
I’m going to try to make the Beech Party in 19 if my work schedule will allow. It’s a great time and yes, they are welcoming to non-Beech owners.

Pretty excited, Eren put 6Y9 on our calendar and KY rough river.
Dad wants to do OSH, Gastons is a must.

I've never done Sun n Fun or Wings and I won't get to those this year either.
Really want to do Wings. Adam is such a great guy. I want to get up there.

What's everyone plannin?
Tentatively planning on Sun N Fun
Gaston’s if it does not conflict with the NIFA Region 6 college airmeet
Maybe Oshkosh?

Went to SnF and Tripple Tree this year, will hopefully make it again in 2019.

I've bought a weeks pass for Oshkosh 2019 to push myself to actually go, as of right now I haven't figured out transportation though

Alton bay ice runway baby!!

https://m.facebook.com/AltonBaySeaplaneBaseandIceRunway/

altonbay-woelk-5.jpg

2019 will be the year I goto a fly-in!! I never have never gone. I spent the last year working a lot on flying. Im out of Pa and will be looking to find ones to goto.

I'd like to do:
OSH
SnF
Gaston's
Rough River
Tripple Tree
6Y9
Reklaw

Know they won't all work out...we'll see what I end up with.

Definites
Sport Aviation expo - Sebring
SnF
Oshkosh

Hope to:
Rough River
Triple Tree
AOPA Tullahoma

Need more in the northeast... there was a biplane fly-in in PA last year which I hope happens again and the Simsbury, CT one in the fall is a good one.

Whats this Triple Tree that everyone is mentioning?

Is Bryan going to do his fly-in in Oshkosh this year ?

That grass looks nicer then some of the asphalt places I have landed. None the less I’ve never landed on grass. I’ll go up with my CFI one day and make it a point to do it a few times. Looks cool.

I had never landed on grass before and really never intended to in my plane, OTHER than triple tree. It was a total non-issue after the fact, just basically did a mostly normal landing. obviously tried to hold the nose wheel off. I'm glad I did it, would go there again, but still don't really have any desire to start landing on other grass strips in my plane.

That grass looks nicer then some of the asphalt places I have landed. None the less I’ve never landed on grass. I’ll go up with my CFI one day and make it a point to do it a few times. Looks cool.

No other grass strip you would practice in will be as nice and smooth as triple tree.

Ive played many a golf course that would give much to have fairways as nice as triple tree’s runway.

In fact, I’ve played courses whose greens weren’t as nice as triple tree’s runway.

It’s the Groom Lake of grass strips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rough River and 6Y9, would love to get back to Gaston's, but may have Sx on the left shoulder this fall and may need the vaca time for that.

And, Challenged, everyone's landing is commented on, but all in good fun. I think they held up score cards for my landing at 6Y9 in 2013, but the landing was so good they just put them down and walked away!!!! That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Last edited:
OSH - gonna be in Wisconsin Dells that week with the whole famn damily. Probably on four wheels.

You mean your family is going to be in the Dells, and you're going to be at Oshkosh. :p

You should spend one day in the Dells, and bring the family to Oshkosh for a day. I do the latter half of that each year.

As for me, I'll definitely be at Oshkosh, hope to be at Rough River and Gaston's, will try to make the FlyBQ if it happens this year, and might do a more local one like the Washington Island Fish Boil or something. I won't be at SnF or any of the AOPA ones unless I win the Powerball and retire.

Texas - Critter's Lodge / Reklaw / Ranger Airfield and probably more!
Wisconsin - Oshkosh
Iowa - Blakesburg - Antique Aircraft Association

Previous posters have been pretty heavy on opportunities in the SE (plus Oshkosh). I'm waiting to see some interesting plans for fly-ins out west. I prefer gatherings that are off the beaten path. I think I'll attend the High Sierra fly-in on the Dead Cow dry lakebed in Nevada this year after skipping it since 2015. That usually happens in October. I'll likely do the old-time flyin at Concrete, WA and I'm looking forward to backcountry gatherings in Idaho's River of No Return Wilderness area. Yeah, most wilderness areas outlaw motorized vehicles, but Idaho designated grass runways in their wilderness as "trailheads". Pretty darned cool!

Shooting for Triple Tree this year. The others will have to wait until I retire. :(

We in the SE POA contingent need to all pick a day during TT to be there and get together.

I'm also tempted to go there next month for the Chili fly-in.

I haven't been to the Reading (PA) airshow in a long time. I think I want to get there this spring.
Everything else is up in the air. (pun intended)

We in the SE POA contingent need to all pick a day during TT to be there and get together.

I'm also tempted to go there next month for the Chili fly-in.

That's a new one on me. Details? I'm grounded until a new mag switch is installed.

Well it just so happens that I have a flying machine reserved for said day but have yet decided on a location. I have never been to MTV. Details?

we're invading @RDUPilot 's lunch. there's a restaurant on the field, cheapish fuel, eh, uh, that about covers it I think.

Back