sferguson524

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
FormerSocalFlyer
Whoops.. 299.99 Sorry, only have had one cup of coffee so far - Fixed

Not bad, but I prefer 223 and lancer mags for my 223 wylde

I wish it was in 308. :(
I have about 10,000 rounds of 30:06 which can be made into 25:06, 270, 30:06, 8MM:06 and several others. I will sell some at $1.25 each. they are all once shot military, de-caped and cleaned, with primer pockets swaged

Attachments

• QL74XYE4QAehCqGDILh01Q.jpg
    QL74XYE4QAehCqGDILh01Q.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I will sell some at $1.25 each.
So in other words, you REALLY want to keep them? Considering brand new .30-06 or .308 brass can be had for under $.50 per...

So, how many rounds* is a person allowed to have before the news people start calling them whacko gun nuts..??

*(of normal ammunition, you know below 20mm size...)

So, how many rounds* is a person allowed to have before the news people start calling them whacko gun nuts..??

I think about ten thousand, plus the means to load ten thousand more, is a good, safe number. At least in my house ...

I've always found the best ammo deals through PSA, almost the only place I buy from.

I think about ten thousand, plus the means to load ten thousand more, is a good, safe number. At least in my house ...

I always love when the media reports "police found a gun and over 50 rounds of ammunition in the house!" :eek:

x9dUvCu.jpg

Not a lot. I've heard the media morons gasping in shock about "HUNDREDS of rounds!!!" of ammunition. Hell, that's an afternoon at the range. I think the last time I went out shooting I carted back a couple hundred empties. That was sighting in a new scope on the varmint rifle, and just plinking with a variety of whatever I took with me. Probably lost a dozen or so in the grass and gravel.

I can only imagine if I'd been pulled over for something. I think there were four long guns, two revolvers and a couple of pistols in the back of the truck. And I'm not even a "gun nut", just an occasional paper puncher and killer of pop cans, milk jugs and bowling pins.

It all depends on how much they are trying to demonize folks who believe in freedom that day. They'd go bananas if they knew what I have (and, no, I'm not saying).

I usually load in groups of 100, I don't carry more than a couple hundred of each cal. Because I don't shoot that much any more.

Not too shabby, but how much is shipping? And that deal won’t fly in California due to the 10 round limit.

Just got back from an outing with friends. I kept my speeds at the limit to avoid any kind of problem since I had more than enough rifles and handguns, and maybe 2K plus in various calibers. Enough for the media to go crazy over as a news story.

total number of rounds "of each caliber"? or all told? :) I ain't saying ... either way.

Stop going to gun shows :), at least around here the prices are inflated. Something has to pay for those tables

Not too shabby, but how much is shipping? And that deal won’t fly in California due to the 10 round limit.

Just got back from an outing with friends. I kept my speeds at the limit to avoid any kind of problem since I had more than enough rifles and handguns, and maybe 2K plus in various calibers. Enough for the media to go crazy over as a news story.
The email that I got from them was free shipping on the 299.99 for the 1,000 rounds of 5.56. And yeah, the California thing sucks.

It all depends on how much they are trying to demonize folks who believe in freedom that day. They'd go bananas if they knew what I have (and, no, I'm not saying).

I'm not saying, either, but a while back SWMBO asked me, "How many guns do you need, anyway?" and I replied, "One of each. I'm collecting the entire set."

After the 2012 run, our minimum is 5k per caliber on hand and the ability to reload each caliber 5x.

Except .22lr, which we can never have enough of. Probably got 50k of 22lr now.

After the 2012 run, our minimum is 5k per caliber on hand and the ability to reload each caliber 5x.

Except .22lr, which we can never have enough of. Probably got 50k of 22lr now.
Which small country are you planning on overthrowing? ;)

I shoot 5-10k of 9mm every year. So Having 10-20k on hand is really a little thin, when you consider how ammo is impacted by the election cycles... It will start about mid 2019 and continue thru 2021 or later, depending on who gets elected.

If I'm going to go shoot 22, I never shoot less than 500-1000 rounds, as I take every 22 that I have. And some of them are more fun shooting fast.

If I'm going to go shoot 22, I never shoot less than 500-1000 rounds, as I take every 22 that I have. And some of them are more fun shooting fast.
About the "funnest" thing I ever got to shoot (M-60 excluded) was a little .22 submachine gun. It looked kind of Thompson-like, but the drum mag sat horizontally on top like a Lewis. The guy had a couple of barrels for it, and a suppressor. Said it was awesome for foxes on his farm with the can on it. The rate of fire was impressive... we did the math, and with the high velocity .22LR ammo we had we figured out the slugs were going downrange about 6 feet apart. :) It would empty a 180 round drum in a few seconds, ejecting the brass straight down. With the suppressor, all you heard was the bolt cycling and the tinkle of a steady stream of brass hitting the ground. That was a TON of fun to shoot.

American 180, apparently, I just looked it up.

About the "funnest" thing I ever got to shoot (M-60 excluded) was a little .22 submachine gun. It looked kind of Thompson-like, but the drum mag sat horizontally on top like a Lewis. The guy had a couple of barrels for it, and a suppressor. Said it was awesome for foxes on his farm with the can on it. The rate of fire was impressive... we did the math, and with the high velocity .22LR ammo we had we figured out the slugs were going downrange about 6 feet apart. :) It would empty a 180 round drum in a few seconds, ejecting the brass straight down. With the suppressor, all you heard was the bolt cycling and the tinkle of a steady stream of brass hitting the ground. That was a TON of fun to shoot.

American 180, apparently, I just looked it up.

Ah yes, the 60. Miss shooting it. Don't miss carrying it.

Ah yes, the 60. Miss shooting it. Don't miss carrying it.
I never got/had to carry it. We did familiarization in Basic, got to run a hundred rounds through it. Pretty fun stuff that week... M60, LAW, grenades. I went to Intel school after that, so that was the last time I did any of that stuff.

I never got/had to carry it. We did familiarization in Basic, got to run a hundred rounds through it. Pretty fun stuff that week... M60, LAW, grenades. I went to Intel school after that, so that was the last time I did any of that stuff.

We shot/threw that stuff at ROTC summer camp at Ft. Lewis in 1973. Fun stuff. I brought a couple used LAW tubes home and gave them to the ROTC cadre as they used the standard anti-tank sights. Great training aids.

We shot/threw that stuff at ROTC summer camp at Ft. Lewis in 1973. Fun stuff. I brought a couple used LAW tubes home and gave them to the ROTC cadre as they used the standard anti-tank sights. Great training aids.

I actually shot a LAW once. And this is coming from someone that fired Dragons, (2 live rounds at targets), TOW's, (M2 Bradley) 25mm chain gun (again, Bradley) and I have to say, I felt more comfortable out in the wild with the LAW. A Bradley in my opinion was a death trap but all Infantrymen felt the same about tanks. The TOW? Capable anti tank but the exposure factor was great. Same with the Dragon. Both were wire guided missiles. Accurate, but you had to remain planted on target for a long period of time. Seconds is a long period of time.

Tank? Shoot, move back.

LAW? Shoot, move back.

The others? TOW? Dragon? Can't move back. Hope you get a hit and don't get compromised.

I actually shot a LAW once. And this is coming from someone that fired Dragons, (2 live rounds at targets), TOW's, (M2 Bradley) 25mm chain gun (again, Bradley) and I have to say, I felt more comfortable out in the wild with the LAW. A Bradley in my opinion was a death trap but all Infantrymen felt the same about tanks. The TOW? Capable anti tank but the exposure factor was great. Same with the Dragon. Both were wire guided missiles. Accurate, but you had to remain planted on target for a long period of time. Seconds is a long period of time.

Tank? Shoot, move back.

LAW? Shoot, move back.

The others? TOW? Dragon? Can't move back. Hope you get a hit and don't get compromised.

I remember the armor folks at summer camp not being impressed with the folks who thought a 106 mm recoilless rifle was great. They claimed they could see it fired at them, turn the turret, fire a HEAT round and take out the recoilless rifle before its round hit them. I don't know, the experiment sounded a bit nasty to me. Given how few M-1 Abrams tanks have been lost due to enemy action, my money would probably be on the tankers. Now, there are those who would go along with Bill Mauldin's strip, "Up Front" from Stars and Stripes during WWII. Willie and Joe are digging a foxhole as a Sherman goes by. One says to the other, "I'd ruther dig. A moving foxhole tends to attract the eye!"

Sadly, the LAW training we did was with a subcaliber rocket. The "real" LAW was too expensive to bust out 40+ for each platoon for training, so they had a training rocket that was loaded into an empty LAW tube and fired. Similar noise, trajectory, etc. but a whole lot cheaper. They were able to re-use the tubes indefinitely, from what I understood.

I was really hoping we'd get to fire the M79 and/or M203 also, but no joy there. Only the guys who went on to a combat arm AIT were able to do that. My compensation was getting classified briefings on Soviet equipment and order of battle stuff. Well, that and co-ed barracks.

Back