Your guilty pleasure (food)

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
while we’re on this food kick, what is your biggest ‘guilty pleasure’ ?

Probably pizza. I could probably eat it ever day and not get tired of it since you can always change the toppings.

Lamb chops, med rare with a port wine sauce.

But in my case, chocolate isn’t a guilty pleasure but a daily requirement.

Last edited:
Pennsylvania Dutch, particularly any of the baked goods. Whoopie pies, Shoo fly pie, etc. Gave my Wife a copy of the Mennonite Central Cookdook for a wedding present. I go up 2-4 times a year.

Bigger Better BLT on a croissant, from Jason's Deli. Comes with avocado and cracked egg. Yummy.

Hamburger & Fries. From either a small local joint or if it's a chain it's got to be Five Guys, In & Out, or similar.

It's a bit ironic that I love fries so much since I've been selling potato machinery for over 35 years. Heck. it's allowed me to own & fly airplanes.

Last time we had a guilty pleasure thread, it became somewhat unpleasant for me. Something to do with Celine Dion, I dunno.

I'm gonna pass on the guilty food pleasure thread.

Fresh caught King Crab or a Pulled Pork BBQ sandwich w/coleslaw (haven't had a good BBQ sandwich since I left Memphis)

No way I can limit myself to one food "guilty pleasure".

Beer
- limit two per day due to stomach.

fudge/caramel/peanuts/vanilla ice cream concoctions from various brand names or fast food places - limit once in a blue moon due to stomach.

Pizza - limit 1 New York slice, or 2 normal slices

Pork carnitas burrito from Jorge's Cocina - minimum once per week. And, I could eat one every day. But, not more than one per day. Because, it takes me the rest of the day to digest it.

Fresh caught King Crab or a Pulled Pork BBQ sandwich w/coleslaw (haven't had a good BBQ sandwich since I left Memphis)

Next time you have to come down to the Emerald City, plan your trip through Skagit (KBVS), and I'll show you where to get a good pulled pork sandwich. Its a little drive-thru a couple of miles from the airport.

Last edited:
Nachos (heavy on the cheese!) and my favorite beer.

Tootsie Rolls

pad kra pao gai (basil chicken with a fried egg on top)

gua bao (Taiwanese pork belly buns)

Sandwich wise, it’s a huge BLT with fresh lettuce and tomatos and lots of bacon. Otherwise, a very nicely done flank steak and grilled spuds.

Think I’ll stop at the Beacon for a BLT on the way home from work this morning...

Unlimited quantities of both, gratefully. Because I have a friend with a boat (who doesn't know that they are expensive, and he's a pilot?!) and a wifey that also cannot function without M's.
45e5230c9ff4f1a18d6bb61818ad9ed3.jpg
bddf6d8f376d79c82d40b4649231af2c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I would have to say seafood. My wife is not a big fan of it, so when I get a chance to eat some good seafood, I am a happy guy.

I normally eat in moderation, have pretty solid will power, and generally stay away from sugar and carbs, but if you put out a tray of rice krispie bars I just can't say no.

I’m ashamed to admit it, but I love eating Kraft Mac and Cheese.
Blue box used to be a favorite of mine to pack in a school lunch when I was younger.

Basically anything that doesn't eat me first but if I have to choose.

Any kind of Indian food with chicken Korma being my favorite with garlic naan.

And nutty bars..I can eat my friggin weight in nutty bars..like seriously. I can not have a box of them around or else!

That's what a hamburger's all about!

View attachment 70288
Anytime I’m on the west coast, I hit In-n-Out atleast once a day.
Never been to in-n-out.

What's the order phrase that get's you that?
Looks like three double-double’s and two regular cheeseburgers. Order it animal style and you get their ‘secret sauce’ (which is basically thousand island dressing) smothered over the fries with onions and cheese. I can’t describe through text how tasty it is.

Back