Bye Bye Regional Guy

Must be a insider thing...... Hit stop at 2:47.:nonod:

Not funny, just sad. Not worth watching.

Pay me $100k starting and I'll finish my CPL. Anything less aint worth my time......
Pay me that and I might get a few more hours, renew my medical and get a IPC, and then someone can get me a job flying. LOL

Pay me $100k starting and I'll finish my CPL. Anything less aint worth my time......

Indeed, but you're a relative pariah within the pilot demographic. Current CBA rates at the FFD carriers demonstrate that your peers drive a much cheaper bargain, and so they set the price. By my last count, that's around 60K and people start tripping over themselves like a crackhead. Not even all hard pay either (rather soft pay that quickly get pulled during a hiring slowdown....like say next year).

So it doesn't take much to uncover the fact there will never be a shortage of airline pilots in the USA.

Takes an average of 8 years for someone the break even o their training debts........ pretty crappy investment if ya ask me. But for a price, I’m available!

How long does it take if you stay a GA pilot?

If you have 1200 hours or more with proper ratings and a college degree, you are in demand and can be at six figures within three or four years while making a decent wage in the interim. Times are definitely changing for the better in the aviation industry and that is directly related to the pilot shortage, this is a fact, however the shortage is for qualified pilots, not hobby pilots demanding a big salary while not having the proper ratings, hours or education.

Last edited:
........ the shortage is for qualified pilots, not hobby pilots demanding a big salary while not having the proper ratings, hours or education.

When I joined the military, I was given three hots, a cot, clothing, medical/dental plan, gym membership and an alma mater for a lifetime. They paid for it all AND gave me some pocket cash. There wouldn't be a "shortage" if they knew how to attract qualified people to train. The industry is a self licking ice cream cone.......

He actually has a pretty funny Facebook profile.

Back