FAA Audiobooks for download

Magnus P.IFR

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Required
I have been searching for audio versions of the FAA books for a while since I drive to the airport for 2 hours each way while training and studying for my CFI. I just found this site and think it could be useful for many students. https://librivox.org/aviation-instructors-handbook-faa-h-8083-9a-by-federal-aviation-administration/

It’s word for word verbatim of the FAA publications but it’s better than nothing...
I have been using that iPhone app for about 6 months as I study for the commercial written. I heard about it on a podcast. ON the app, you can download the audio books so you don’t need an Internet connection. The Pilots handbook of aeronautical knowledge is a good one to listen to. The audio book they have is a version behind but it is still good to listen to. I spend a lot of time traveling in the car and often have it playing. You can tell most of the volunteers don’t grasp what they are reading based on the pronunciations but it was great they volunteered. I believe this site was originally established for the sight impaired.

Well I guess I’m behind the times. I spent a day downloading and trying to get it from PC to iPhone.

D027C1C8-0724-4BC5-86C6-EB717791B639.jpeg
Well I guess I’m behind the times. I spent a day downloading and trying to get it from PC to iPhone.
If you download the app - when you find an audio book you want - click on the download button shown in the screenshot.

Thanks for this thread. I've been looking for a way to study for my commercial (and subsequently CFI)

Thanks for this thread. I've been looking for a way to study for my commercial (and subsequently CFI)
You may want to also look at Dauntless Software’s audio test prep. It is solely focused on the nuances of written test as opposed to the PHAK. I like listening to the audio versions of the FAA books (plus the audio is free with LibriVox), but for specifically passing a written test, you may want something that is focused on that test.

http://www.dauntless-soft.com/products/groundschool/audio/

For the Dauntless audio, I selected to download them as mp3 files so I have the audio files, then synced them to my phone as a playlist. If your not sure how to do this, Dauntless has directions on thier web site. I wanted my own copy of the content. I have had some bad experiences with apps that I paid for content and then iOS changes rendered the apps unusable.

Last edited:
Back