Multi training books.

Crane Pilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
crane pilot
I'm just getting started working on PMEL with instrument rating. I was wondering if there is a good multi engine training book. Leave Sportys multi engine course out. I have used them in the past and am not impressed with the info they provide. Also ill be flying a pa34/200 Seneca 1

There is not a big demand for Multi Engine training books. The Jeppesen Multi Engine Manual would be my suggestion. Also check out You Tube there is a few videos there.

The ASA is good, Bob Gardner's is good.

For training I don't think you really need either though, although I own both. There is a lot of info out there, and the ground portion of your training better cover it all. It does help if you read them before you start and during. But there are plenty of folks that have used the FAA books only and been really good pilots.

you will want to read and know the POH though, cover to cover. Not MEMORIZE it, but know it. If that makes sense.

Theres not much to the multi outside of vmc factors and single/critical engine stuff (theres asymetric thrust yo) then all the aircraft specific stuff.

Multis fly like singles untill one of the engines goes then depending one what your flying and what stage of flight its either a non event or something that if you dont have your A game will kill you in a heartbeat.

Read the phak afm stuff on multi engine ops then go into depth on the poh of whatever your flying.

For my money Bob Gardner's book is the best overall "base" book to use as a multi-engine reference. Of course you need Chapter 12 of the AFH as well.

Back