Commercial Multi Checkride Passed!

CC268

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
CC268
Passed my CMEL checkride today!

I did it over the course of 4 days (about 2.0-2.3 hrs of flying each day). I had a really tough instructor (retired DPE), but he prepared me very well for the checkride. I have to admit, after the second day I was so overwhelmed I thought there was no way I would be ready for a checkride after 4 days. I went home after the second day and did a ton of chair flying. Came back the third day and it was night and day - I did quite well actually. I did a bunch more chair flying after the third day and came back feeling good on the fourth day. Today was my best day! The examiner complimented me on my smooth aircraft control and my thorough oral knowledge, which was nice to hear. He was the best examiner I have had to date.

The single engine approach was the toughest thing for me. He failed the engine (simulated of course) once I was well established on the glideslope. I got a little above glideslope and a bit off course while going through the feather procedure, but recovered nicely.

Overall, I thought it was a fairly easy checkride. Shortest one to date by far.

It's been a heck of a year for me! I had the goal of getting my Instrument, CSEL, and CMEL all done this year. Thought it was a fairly aggressive goal considering my work schedule and various other things, but I got it done!

Next up - CFI!

Passed my CMEL checkride today!

I did it over the course of 4 days (about 2.0-2.3 hrs of flying each day). I had a really tough instructor (retired DPE), but he prepared me very well for the checkride. I have to admit, after the second day I was so overwhelmed I thought there was no way I would be ready for a checkride after 4 days. I went home after the second day and did a ton of chair flying. Came back the third day and it was night and day - I did quite well actually. I did a bunch more chair flying after the third day and came back feeling good on the fourth day. Today was my best day! The examiner complimented me on my smooth aircraft control and my thorough oral knowledge, which was nice to hear. He was the best examiner I have had to date.

The single engine approach was the toughest thing for me. He failed the engine (simulated of course) once I was well established on the glideslope. I got a little above glideslope and a bit off course while going through the feather procedure, but recovered nicely.

Overall, I thought it was a fairly easy checkride. Shortest one to date by far.

It's been a heck of a year for me! I had the goal of getting my Instrument, CSEL, and CMEL all done this year. Thought it was a fairly aggressive goal considering my work schedule and various other things, but I got it done!

Next up - CFI!

You have had a great year. Congratulations and continued success in the new year!

Next up - CFI!

So you’re an underachiever?

Just kidding! Congratulations!

Congratulations. Look forward to reading about your CFI training.

Congratulations. Did you already have the multi engine rating when you went for commercial multi?
I was wondering if you did the multi and commercial at the same time.

Congratulations CC,
Your knocking them out. Now get that CFI done we’ve talked about. You can do it!

Congratulations. Did you already have the multi engine rating when you went for commercial multi?
I was wondering if you did the multi and commercial at the same time.

Nope never flew a multi before this.

Nope never flew a multi before this.
That is encouraging. I am working on the single engine commercial and would like to start the multi engine next and wondered if they could be combined in one ride.

Congratulations CC,
Your knocking them out. Now get that CFI done we’ve talked about. You can do it!

Can’t wait to to start putting my CFI binder together :)

Congrats CC... when you get your cfi, I’ll come to you for my comm.. :D

Congrats CC... when you get your cfi, I’ll come to you for my comm.. :D

Hey get out there and get it done! Sounds good to me! You can be my first guinea pig...I mean student.

Yeah tell me about... will knock out the comm written sometime 1st qtr next year... jury still out when i wil actually train..

Back