Cherokee 235 Comments on TAP ad

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
Hey, folks, a friend of mine asked me to look at this TAP ad and see if there was anything that popped out at me. I didn't see anything. Of course, without a look at the logs and a full house AD search to make sure "all ADs" is in fact ALL ADs, I can't say for sure. On paper it looks like a fair deal. Comments appreciated.

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/searc...EROKEE+235&listing_id=2329479&s-type=aircraft

Jim

Very clean, good panel, no damage history, and (at least now) a desert plane...what's not to like?

I don't recall if the 235 is affected by the aft spar SB; might be a consideration. Priced on the high side, IMO, but that is typical.

I'd fly it assuming no corrosion. Nice ride.

Good deal,if it passes a rigid pre purchase.

WAaaaay over priced for that it is.

I posted a cruisemaster that’s a far better bang for the buck

Or find a sweet PA24 for that price

80k for a boring slow trainer with a so so panel is a little high for my taste.
Just find one with a 430 instead for 40k lol

Also the all have damage history at that age, just if it’s documented or not.

Good luck finding a 235 hp O-540 Cherokee with a 430 for $40k, that's flyable.

Maybe somebody is using these for trainers, but I've never seen it...

You might want to check how long it took to put that time on the motor (OH date) and how many hours in the last year or so... Low time on an airplane that old? I'd want to know more...

WAaaaay over priced for that it is.

I posted a cruisemaster that’s a far better bang for the buck

Or find a sweet PA24 for that price

80k for a boring slow trainer with a so so panel is a little high for my taste.
Just find one with a 430 instead for 40k lol

Also the all have damage history at that age, just if it’s documented or not.
Don’t know about slow, but it definitely isn’t a trainer. In the. Cherokee line, it is equivalent to a Cessna 182.

To each their own, but when compared to a PA24 or a glasair or other things in the same price point it’s a dog

Nice plane and probably a decent price if it all checks out ok.

Yeah James these planes aren’t super fast but that’s not where they shine. Their strengths are useful load. 1550!!! And it’s a fixed gear Cherokee. Probably one of the most reliable and simplest airframes to maintain.

Aside from being a little slower than some of the planes in it’s class it wins in most other categories. There’s a reason these planes fetch a premium.

Not many 4 seat planes you can load up 4 200 lb men with golf clubs and enough fuel for a 3+ hour trip.

To each their own, but when compared to a PA24 or a glasair...it’s a dog

So is a 185 on floats. ;)

The 235 isn't the plane for the go fast crowd. Different mission, as others have pointed out.

Nice plane and probably a decent price if it all checks out ok.

Yeah James these planes aren’t super fast but that’s not where they shine. Their strengths are useful load. 1550!!! And it’s a fixed gear Cherokee. Probably one of the most reliable and simplest airframes to maintain.

Aside from being a little slower than some of the planes in it’s class it wins in most other categories. There’s a reason these planes fetch a premium.

Not many 4 seat planes you can load up 4 200 lb men with golf clubs and enough fuel for a 3+ hour trip.

How are the 2 200 pounders in the back seats going to enjoy that 3 hour ride?

How are the 2 200 pounders in the back seats going to enjoy that 3 hour ride?

In much more comfort than any other 6 cylinder SEP airplane. And they can have their bags too.

In much more comfort than any other 6 cylinder SEP airplane. And they can have their bags too.

Really?

N9341W%2014.jpg

Back