Hello

Sup.... Welcome to the jungle.

Howdy!

I envy you RV drivers. Such nice, honest and worthy craft.

Post pictures of your bird, and tell a story or two. You need not adhere strictly to the truth.

welcome to the POA , I'm in the PNW also.

Howdy Art, welcome to the forum. I have a couple hours in the 12, really fun to fly.

Howdy!

I envy you RV drivers. Such nice, honest and worthy craft.

Post pictures of your bird, and tell a story or two. You need not adhere strictly to the truth.
When I simi-retired from Air Methods I thought I would buy a Cessna 140 or a Luscombe. I have never owned an airplane before and quite frankly it was my number one bucket list item. My first start in flying was as a teenager back in Kansas City. The airport kid at the old Fairfax airport. Flying was fun and adventurous. The people were family like and the airport was home to me. But, in 50+ years of flying for a living I hungered to get back to that place where I first fell in love with airplanes. I'm back there now at KPWT. (Bremerton National Airport) The hangar neighbors are great. And I do love the $50 hamburger. (RV-12s are inexpensive) (relatively).

Howdy Art, welcome to the forum. I have a couple hours in the 12, really fun to fly.
It is so well balanced on the controls. My bird is an E-LSA. Keith the builder is a carpenter by trade and did excellent work on our aircraft. So, I got a new aircraft with a glass cockpit and a 2-axis autopilot. We cruise at 114 kts indicated and get great numbers.

Welcome aboard. What are your pros and cons on the RV-12?
For a day night VFR LSA it is a wonderful machine. The light wing loading can be a big limitation if you are bucking headwinds and turbulence. Va maneuvering speed can range from 71 kts to 90 kts. (I may be off by a knot or two) The other day I decided to fly to Oregon. The winds were out of the south at 30 kts. Then the turbulence began and I felt the need to slow down. Well, you know what that did to my ground speed. So, I decided that being at home with a beer was a better plan. It was fun going back to Bremerton at 150 kts.

I always went to Tides Tavern in Gig Harbor whenever I visited the Tacoma/Fort Lewis area.

Next time I fly up there I’ll let ya know. Would ya trade a joy ride in your RV for some Fish n Chips at The Airport Diner?
Sure. I got the airplane every 3rd day. I do have to share it with the other owners. :)

Guys, my bad. I double tapped some of my like and unlike button and may have given some of you the idea that I did not like your comments. I like all your comments.

Sweet-looking RV-12! Welcome to POA (and Van's brotherhood :)).

Back