Central American Pilots -

Tanille DeLair

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Tanille
1. Money! I understand that everyone wants cash and not credit cards. Should I try to convert money before leaving the USA for each country? Or am I allowed to hit the ATM before paying customs and migrations?

2. Do I need to file a flight plan to fly from Belize City to Caya Caulker, Belize or will this be treated like a VFR flight in the USA?

3. Can I leave Belize from Caya Caulker or do I need to fly back to Belize City to clear out?

4. Do I need to file a plan to fly from La Ceiba to Utila or will a local flight be treated like a VFR flight in the USA?

5. Do I need to file a plan to fly from La Ceiba to Roatan or will this be treated like a VFR flight in the USA?

6. My Spanish if VERY limited. Is there an app that Central America uses that I should have on my phone for communicating? I have whatsapp for texting.

7. Are there VFR charts for the coast of Belize and Honduras? I have low level IFR charts - but they don't show the small airports.

I joined the Bush Pilots Association but their threads are not active and it takes a few days to hear back from an email. Thanks for any tips!

Back