• Nuclear

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Matthew K

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Broke Engineer
I'm sure I missed some engineering types in the poll, but mainly did that for curiosity. My main question, anyone on here have an industrial engineering degree?

Nuclear, aerospace, chemical

Edit: I was listing the types you'd missed in the poll not all my degrees.:D

Mechanical here.

Last edited:
Aerospace & Reliability... ;)

But 30 years later.... I’d take similar classes and get the ME.

Last edited:
My degree is Mechanical but I worked as a Plastics Engineer and now a Manufacturing engineer.

Aerospace. Chose Mechanical as the closest.

Aerospace. Chose Mechanical as the closest.

You, sir, are no rocket scientist. I chose Aerospace (for me, education only). As a pilot, I deemed that closer. Or maybe it was just added.

EDIT: Never mind. :p

Awww we can't have multiple votes? I'm licensed as a civil but my undergraduate is in mechanical.

In reality, many types of engineers can say aerospace if they work in the aerospace INDUSTRY.

Probably more technically accurate to ask about Aeronautical Engineers, which I are one!

In reality, many types of engineers can say aerospace if they work in the aerospace INDUSTRY.

Probably more technically accurate to ask about Aeronautical Engineers, which I are one!
Are you aware that there are BSAE degrees?

Definition of an engineer: Someone who solves a problem you didn’t know you had, in a way you don’t understand.

Or, builds a $7M helicopter around a $100 plastic ventilation duct and expects it to last more than 5 years.;)

Chose EE as that is what my diploma says, although I have a lot of nuclear engineering training thanks to my uncle, and now am more of a materials engineer.

EE undergrad and masters. The masters is an electro-optics concentration. Did a math / comp sci degree before starting the engineering degrees. Also have enough credit hours for a physics major, but they’re spread across three universities so I couldn’t declare it.

34 years now as a practitioner in the aerospace industry.

I say "aerospace" because that's what it says on my diploma.

Aeronautical/Mechanical Undergrad
Mechanical Grad

7 years working in the aerospace industry and having a blast (almost everyday).

Mechanical, but working in a role now that’s program manager with some electrical mixed in.

I checked "mechanical" because that's what my job is these days but my degree says aerospace.

Difference between mechanical and civil: Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets.

I’ve been accused of, and admit to, being a Redneck Engineer.
Most frequently used implements: BFHs, come-alongs, pry-bars, Sawzalls, duct tape, JB Weld.

Degree from School of Hard Knocks.
Hold my beer.

Aerospace and aerospace. Jobs have always been in aerospace.

Nauga,
up to the point of impact

Mechanical Engineer. Working as a Materials Engineer.

Electrical degree and license. But do a lot of stuff that might fit more into an industrial/operational arena. Efficiency, six-sigma, all of that.

Unlicensed nuclear engineer. Actually, I started out to become a nuclear engineer but couldn’t hack the math. So I became a lawyer, and after 30 years in the nuclear industry and spending some time at MIT (thank goodness for my tutors - never understood quantum mechanics or bubble theories for BWRs) I can engineer as good as any engineer can practice law.

I’ve been accused of, and admit to, being a Redneck Engineer.
Most frequently used implements: BFHs, come-alongs, pry-bars, Sawzalls, duct tape, JB Weld.

Degree from School of Hard Knocks.
Hold my beer.

Last weekend, I used a come-along, a pry-bar, a load leveler, and a couple of harbor freight straps to hang the prop for my RV-10 from the stair opening into the attic above my garage so I could mount the prop. The pry-bar spanned the joists in the attic, the come along did the lifting, the load leveler took care of the balance and clocking of the prop, and the straps hung the prop from the load leveler. It was quite the sight. Worked too.

And in my daytime job, I'm an Industrial Engineer with an MBA.

Mech Eng with a post grad in Petroleum Engineering.

Undergrad, Mechanical. Masters, Electronics and Computer Controlled Systems (try to find that one on a list of degrees = hah!).
Most of the years - automotive powertrain controls and diagnostics.
Nowadays - run a robotics lab and teach robotics and mechanical engineering classes (beats working. (Most of the time.))

Your a freshman? Hey don’t forget to join Tappa Tappa Keg. Great engineering fraternity.

Degree in Aerospace, Licensed as a mechanical and my PhD is in Systems Analysis.

My sister has her degree in Chemical Engineering.

I have heard folks refer to Industrial Engineers as Imaginary Engineers so maybe they don't want to admit it.

@Matthew K I know you're a freshman in engineering school. Are you trying to decide which to go into?
Not really. Was mostly just curious how popular the different engineering majors were among us. As for me, I'm doing Industrial engineering(was originally mechanical but industrial fits more of what I want to do), so I would be especially interested in talking to anyone on here that has an industrial engineering degree.

Not really. Was mostly just curious how popular the different engineering majors were among us. As for me, I'm doing Industrial engineering(was originally mechanical but industrial fits more of what I want to do), so I would be especially interested in talking to anyone on here that has an industrial engineering degree.
Or as we called it... Imaginary Engineering ;)

Back