RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
The ongoing thread...

We’ve done a thread on lunch, so what’s on the menu for dinner?

Gonna be running around from place to place so looks like Chipotle for dinner tonight.

Half a bowl of left over popcorn. It's perfectly aged at 48 hours.

If you’re having burritos, just remember that you can always blame it on aftershocks.

It is some sort of chicken breasts in the crock pot with onions and stuff and some sort of spice thing that I cannot identify but it smells decent and I just feel like engaging in run on sentences even though I am a writer and that kind of crap bugs me but I feel in a vial mood because it is cold and windy out and it is no fun being outside I don't like the cold you know.

Anyway, um, yeah. But thank you @Ryanb, we discussiated this earlier in chat think we di-int.

C'mon Sac, don't be dangling your participle!

Pulled pork sandwiches and cole slaw on the side.

Tomorrow, I really need to find some enchiladas.

Cheap bourbon and diet cola. Splurged on a lime. FML. Well, maybe not, coulda' been a pint (handle?) of Smirnoff. That would be an 18v problem.

C'mon Sac, don't be dangling your participle!

Pulled pork sandwiches and cole slaw on the side.

Tomorrow, I really need to find some enchiladas.

Dang! I need to find you tomorrow . . .

Supper was walmart take-n-bake pizza, left over from when we baked it for supper last night. Nuked then into the toaster oven for unsoggification.

Good choice!
The trays were running low so they skimped out on everything. They were obviously trying to stretch their supplies. I got ripped off!

Chicken picata but spelled correctly.

Something about lemon butter and capers that make me smile on the inside.

On the run last night, Hardee's original thickburger, small fries.

You guys are spoiled. I'm the only one who cooks in our house. Nothing fancy, and my wife and son are picky eaters, so it's usually something like chicken and rice, veggies, etc.

You guys are spoiled. I'm the only one who cooks in our house. Nothing fancy, and my wife and son are picky eaters, so it's usually something like chicken and rice, veggies, etc.
Simple?

Roasted vegetables and a roasted chicken.

Set it and forget it.

Vegetables:
I quarter 2 onions, add a bag of baby carrots, and about a pound of new potatoes halved. Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Spread out onto a pan, pop into a 450 oven. Stir it after about 30 minutes, then roast for another 30.

Chicken:
Clean and truss, salt and pepper. Into a 425 oven for an hour and a half.

Combo:
What you'll notice about this is the vegetables take a slightly higher temp and about 15 minutes less than the chicken, pretty close to the same. I'll set the chicken directly on top of the vegetables and cook at the chicken temp and time. I stir the vegetables the best I can at about the halfway point.

Basically - Work for about 10 minutes. Relax for about 90 minutes. Eat.

Simple?

Set it and forget it.

Vegetables:
I quarter 2 onions, add a bag of baby carrots, and about a pound of new potatoes halved. Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Spread out onto a pan, pop into a 450 oven. Stir it after about 30 minutes, then roast for another 30.

Chicken:

Combo:
What you'll notice about this is the vegetables take a slightly higher temp and about 15 minutes less than the chicken, pretty close to the same. I'll set the chicken directly on top of the vegetables and cook at the chicken temp and time. I stir the vegetables the best I can at about the halfway point.

Instead of olive oil, I shove some compound butter under the skin of the chicken. Also, don't de-fat the chicken too much. I also slice the potatoes and let them soak up the grease and melted butter.

Hot dogs ,left over pizza,and Thursday night football.

Leftovers. White chicken chili, whatever else is left in the fridge. Unless one of us gets really ambitious (unlikely), in which case it will be Papa Murphy's.

Simple?

Set it and forget it.

Vegetables:

Chicken:

Combo:

I do a very similar variation but I cook it all together and everything comes out perfectly. I even lightly brown sausage throw that in as well. Easy peasy and awesome.

Some kind of thing made with packaged frozen chicken breasts. I don't know what it will be.

Went Italian tonight. Grilled chicken and rigatoni with a cream sauce.

A first quarter martini and planning on halftime popcorn.

I made some fajitas.

Local London broil cut into strips and thrown in the pan with diced peppers and onions with avocado.

Pretty tasty if I do say so...

I do a very similar variation but I cook it all together and everything comes out perfectly. I even lightly brown sausage throw that in as well. Easy peasy and awesome.
holy moly! You cook hoski?? I thought you had a bunch of scantily clad ladies that did that for you this whole time...

My wife made her famous cabbage rolls. Before you say "yuck" hers are really good.

She quit her job last week so I've coming home to home cooked meals every night. I could get used to this.

Too bad that most of her meals on on the "healthy" side.

Back