Most annoying new phrase of 2018?

Not new but “how you doing?” and likewise sayings as a greeting.

Do you have an hour to listen, or are you just saying hello? If you’re just saying hello, there’s a word for that. It’s called hello.

Yikes, I say that daily. What gets me is the southern reply to that of “I’m fine hope you are”.
I still don’t know how to reply to that. It’s not a question. “Thank you for hoping that.” ???

Besides, my work here ain’t done yet.

Still shoveling snow?

So and then, the conversation follows as such: (two for one there) ;)

Oh that's cold.
It is what it is.
I know right..
Ima bout to go beast mode.
Dude, chill.
Whatever.
Haters gonna hate.
Well, you just keep being you.
I'm flatass tellin you to STFU
Just send it.
You're a nothingburger.
You smell Jank.
OMG LOL WTF?
I am so over it.

Please smash the like button!

Yikes, I say that daily. What gets me is the southern reply to that of “I’m fine hope you are”.
I still don’t know how to reply to that. It’s not a question. “Thank you for hoping that.” ???

The proper reply is, “Why, bless your heart. Thank you! That’s so sweet.”

Guess we need to create a yankee assimilation & training class.

"Empathetically correct"

This morning it hit me: using ‘people experiencing homelessness’ is not about being politically correct, it’s about being empathetically correct.

Or "people experiencing homelessness", take your pick. Seattle sucks!

Oh, I forgot...

"How are you doing" is acceptable if spoken in a fake New Jersey accent, e.g. "How ya dooooooing." Then it becomes rhetorical.

Still shoveling snow?

So and then, the conversation follows as such: (two for one there) ;)

Oh that's cold.
It is what it is.
I know right..
Ima bout to go beast mode.
Dude, chill.
Whatever.
Haters gonna hate.
Well, you just keep being you.
I'm flatass tellin you to STFU
Just send it.
You're a nothingburger.
You smell Jank.
OMG LOL WTF?
I am so over it.

Please smash the like button!

You got boo coo phrases right there.

I hate when people use the word "minute" to mean a long time. At a restaurant this weekend, the hostess told us that there were no tables, and everyone in front of us had just sat down, so "it was going to be a minute" before they could seat us. What she really meant it was going to be 40 minutes.

"

Oh look: I used "myself" in a sentence. I hate the misuse of that word. "Please email John, Joe, Jack, and Myself." It's ME for heaven's sake.

Yes, yes, yes! Absolutely drives me nuts when people do that. My wife literally had to hold me back from correcting my son’s principal after back to school night several years ago after the principal had sprinkled her speech multiple times with “myself” being used in both the subjective (John or myself will be ...) and objective (When you finish the survey, give it to myself.) cases. Argh! And these were supposed to be the educated people teaching the next generation...

[/rant off]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anigif_sub-buzz-8352-1464718616-3.gif

Back