Thinking about Oshkosh

wilkersk

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
KennyW
Been kicking the idea around to fly the little Sonerai IIL to Airventure '19. Planning on following I-90 from Seattle area, east most of the way.

The only problem is, I'd really prefer to burn Zero-E MOGAS as much as possible. Planning on building a 3 gallon aux tank that would give me a total of about 3hr legs plus reserve ( a little more than 300 miles, give or take).

I've gotten it up to 9,500' msl and still climbing better than 200fpm and 100mph. So, with patience, I'm sure I can clear the mountains no problem. So, that only leaves figuring out how to organize the stops to refuel with Zero-E Mogas.

Anyone living along I-90 able to provide input/info, or are willing to let me contact them about setting up a fuel stop near them?

Thanks!

What engine? Are the benefits of Mogas worth the hassle? If it is a Rotax a few gallons of 100LL will not hurt it.

What engine? Are the benefits of Mogas worth the hassle? If it is a Rotax a few gallons of 100LL will not hurt it.

Its a VW 1835. It'll run 100LL just fine. But, I've been told by engine builder that long-term use of 100LL will ruin the heads. Right now I'll fly 1 tank cross countries, out and back. I've looked at the plugs and what I can see of the valve train during tune ups and they seem to be just fine running the occasional few gallons of AVGAS.

Back