Found

poloengr

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Brian
My father sold his 1980 Mooney M20J. It is ready to fly, Annual and IFR current, sitting in a hanger at KCID. The buyer's mechanic was up a few weeks ago to look over and fly the plane, they purchased it, but part of the agreement was for my father to get the plane from KCID to KCTJ (airport near Atlanta).

Thanks and I apologize if I have violated any forum rules or posted this in the wrong area of the forum

Last edited:
An acquaintance, Sarah Rovner, is an excellent ferry pilot for all sorts of aircraft, including Mooneys. She will do a great job delivering your craft to Atlanta....

She can be found at http://www.fullthrottleaviationllc.com/

2nd @AggieMike88 recommendation. Sara delivered my plane from Dallas to Atlanta. Very competent and gave a very full report on what what worked well and wasn't working well.

Thanks guys. I was hoping to find a local commercial rated pilot to keep the costs down since this will be an unexpected cost now that the pilot we had lined up cannot do it. He was going to do it because he loves flying and wanted to log more complex time. My company owns a Pilatus based in Topeka and we contract with a flight management company who could provide a pilot but they are all in Kansas and Arizona so we would have to get them to CID and back to their home base from ATL. If I could find a local pilot we could pay him/her for their time and still keep the cost down and best of all, my father would not say, "I think I'll just fly it down there"...

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I was hoping to find a local pilot to keep the costs down since this will be an unexpected cost now that the pilot we had lined up cannot do it. He was going to do it just for the cost of the return ticket because he loves flying and wanted to log more complex time. My company owns a Pilatus based in Topeka and we contract with a flight management company who could provide a pilot but they are all in Kansas and Arizona so we would have to get them to CID and back to their home base from ATL. If I could find a local pilot we could pay him/her for their time and still keep the cost down and best of all, my father would not say, "I think I'll just fly it down there"...
Check Sara's website.... he has someone based in ATL

He was going to do it just for the cost of the return ticket because he loves flying and wanted to log more complex time.
If this gentleman possesses a CPL... all okay with that particular plan.

But if this gentleman did not hold a CPL, he could run afoul of the regulations.

@Lance F didn't know if you did this type of thing.

Lance lives in Atlanta and he has M20J time.

I appreciate Mike's response and concern. I assure you everything conformed to the applicable regulations. No need to worry.

Back