Gaston’s Fly-in Oct 4-6, 2019!

Cool. This time I will put it on the calendar. That’s October, right?

Yeah, but remember, part of what killed Gaston’s ‘18 (besides the horrid weather) was that nobody had made a reservation.

Too early??
If you decide to have this a week earlier I could enjoy joining you. The second week is typically the NIFA air meet where I volunteer my time to help college flying students. Weather will likely be better too. I understand if you do not though.

If you decide to have this a week earlier I could enjoy joining you. The second week is typically the NIFA air meet where I volunteer my time to help college flying students. Weather will likely be better too. I understand if you do not though.
This far out, I think we can be flexible on which weekend of October. You've got my vote for any weekend in October.

This far out, I think we can be flexible on which weekend of October. You've got my vote for any weekend in October.

Yeah, I’m not locked in to anything but tradition. But tradition can be changed. What says POA?

Not at all, fly over and get your spot.

I was over there for Thanksgiving, but had to suffer the indignity of DRIVING to Gaston’s due to the volume of crap I was taking with me

Looks like the weekends of the 7th and 21st would work best for me. It's starting to get a little chilly around then, so perhaps the earlier date would be better???

Where you been Andrew!? Haven’t seen you around much of late

Where you been Andrew!? Haven’t seen you around much of late

Moving, bro. Bought a new house and just moved in last Friday. Been mighty busy getting the old one ready to sell, and buying, moving, and settling into the new one. Went without internet for a while and don't do much POA-ing on my phone. Also spent about a month doing what I could to help my mom take care of my grandmother who has pretty severe dimentia and needed 24/7 care for a while.

I'm sure you weren't looking for the long answer, but that's the scoop. None of it conducive to recreation.

Friends like the long answer. Thanks for the update. Hope things calm down for you soon!

Thank ya, Kent. Everything is swell, but busy. The new crib is quite exciting, but the reality is that it takes a lot of work to get settled and make it home.

Yeah that ^^! Thanks for the update!

You bet! I have been missing posting on POA, but I haven't been gone. Just lurking in the shadows when I get a chance.

My principal conflict is October 17-20. Otherwise, looks good.

I made an executive decision to nail down the dates and move it up one week to accommodate Spike, Okie, Brier Rabbit.

If I don’t see any issues in a day or so, I’m making reservations!

I made an executive decision to nail down the dates and move it up one week to accommodate Spike, Okie, Brier Rabbit.

Be sure to tell the rest of us when it is. And ask if they have any weddings that weekend... That always makes it more difficult to get a cabin. Of course, it also means you can take the bridesmaids flying... :aureola::biggrin:

Also ask them if they are willing to do a block rate or a "block hold". The latter being hold the low numbered cabins (aka the ones closer to where we congregate and closer to the restaurant) for 10-14 days so we have a shot at being clumped together versus scattered all over the place.

Hhmmm, that’s right around annual time. Lemme see how I can work it.

I've got three bowling tournaments that I'm taking off for work, along with a trip to Africa, and other assorted other long weekends I don't know what that's going to look like for me.

@JCranford... did you reserve a block of cabins under PoA? or is it first come first served?

This time, I want to get one closer to the office than I have in the past.... This event is more fun when you don't have to fetch a Camel.

Adding @bbchien to the pings in case he can come down and join us.

@JCranford... did you reserve a block of cabins under PoA? or is it first come first served?

This time, I want to get one closer to the office than I have in the past.... This event is more fun when you don't have to fetch a Camel.

I didn’t reserve a block. I’m not sure that’s possible, but I’ll call back and ask.

Thanks for pinging Doc B. I knew I’d miss a few

Also, their cancellation policy has me never making a reservation and waiting until the day of to see if they have availability.

Back