New York Metro Area

TVProducer

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TVProducer
Hello All,

Still studying to get my PPL but when that does happen I would love to take myself and my girlfriend to some good eats or cool places in the NJ/NY/PA area (after of course maintaining the currency requirement for the ability to carry passengers). For reference I would depart out of KMJX. Thanks everyone!

I used to keep my Taylorcraft at MJX when I lived down there. Going north, the Hudson River VFR corridor up to Kobelt Airport (N45) where there's a very nice restaurant right on the airport. Going south (and closer), Ocean City Airport (26N) is a short walk to the beach and boardwalk, though there is a parking fee.

Also check out Fun Places to Fly.

I fly out of KHZL. We vacation at 26N so I like to fly there a lot. 12 bucks if you leave airport. Can walk to beach but boardwalk is a bit of a stretch. Uber friendly down there. I fly down for pizza that I have delivered to field to bring home or doughnuts on weekend.
Not sure how far you want to go but KOXB has options. Coming inland we like to goto KLNS- great Italian restaurant on field. 1N7 was always nice place for bfast too.

Back