Question about Hudson SFRA TFR

JC150

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
JC150
Regarding the Trump Tower TFR that extends over the hudson, when north bound, are we allowed to fly through the TFR as long as we're within the SFRA exclusion zone? Or are we supposed to fly towards oncoming traffic and go around it? Thanks.

Regarding the Trump Tower TFR that extends over the hudson, when north bound, are we allowed to fly through the TFR as long as we're within the SFRA exclusion zone? Or are we supposed to fly towards oncoming traffic and go around it? Thanks.

When you enter the SFRA you will be given a squak code. This TFR is less restrictive then the presidential TFR, your fine to operate normally in the SFRA, just listen to ATC and have a squak code.

When you enter the SFRA you will be given a squak code. This TFR is less restrictive then the presidential TFR, your fine to operate normally in the SFRA, just listen to ATC and have a squak code.

I thought between surface to 1,300 feet you don’t talk to ATC or have a squawk code

Ok so it’s okay to hug the east side and go through that tfr then? And I read the thread. I’m not interested in the skyline route because I want to fly low

You won’t go through the TFR, it ends right at the shoreline. Also, when he’s in town and there’s the standard 30/10nm presidential TFR, the Hudson River route is specifically excluded from the TFR.

AC0DD20C-4E68-4E3E-ADA2-ACCD7F07683F.jpeg

I use the Skyline route in the Bravo when flying the Hudson. I deviate towards the center of the river in the area of the TFR and let ATC know that I am going to be doing that prior to shifting westward. No issues in 3 flights so far.

Would I be able to do the Skyline-Central Park-East River transition when there is a Yankee Stadium TFR in place?

I do not see any TFR's related to them. I see the Trump Tower, Citi Field, and Yankee Stadium TFR's only right now.

A little levity my friend .... seems there's a TFR for everything these days. I've had some unusual TFRs in my area lately, and I live in the boonies. TFRs with the exception of fire fighting/emergency/rescue should be eliminated.

No, that is specifically blocked by both the DiBlasio and Schummer TFR's:confused:

I would think, if you squawking and talking, you’d be good to go, with ATC calling the shots.

Yes, there's a gap. LGA won't clear you through either TFR, but you can scoot between them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 4.52.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 4.52.17 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
Back