KMAI Area please help

Kale Czerwonka

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Kale Czerwonka
If anyone is in the south Alabama north Florida we would appreciate some help. We have a tower and a precision approach radar, that if you have never done it is a great learning experience. We are here for 2 weeks and would really appreciate the help. We have about 5 controllers on each system we are trying to get rated by next Friday so any help POA can provide would be great. We are trying to get rated before we deploy and all aircraft are welcome!!!

Last edited:
Love this and always ask for this when I go to KBIS. Fellow pilots, if you haven’t done it, go for it

Anyone want to meet for lunch Friday before/after a PAR or two?

So how does this work? We just call you up on 120.6 and ask for the approach? What if you’ve never flown one before?

I’m out of F95 and usually shoot the RNAV18 there when I get a chance.

Anyone want to meet for lunch Friday before/after a PAR or two?

I would love for y’all to come down. If I’m not on position I’ll sit in the FBO where they have good food, and we can talk.

Thanks Hank

Kale

So how does this work? We just call you up on 120.6 and ask for the approach? What if you’ve never flown one before?

I’m out of F95 and usually shoot the RNAV18 there when I get a chance.

Thanks Don,

You can call 120.6 which is our tactical freq or if you are in contact with ARAC on 133.75 you can also ask them and they will bring you straight in for the Approach. Our freq is 118.65 if you want to have that one ready.

I hope to see y’all soon!!

Kale

Very cool. Wish you were in South Florida. BTW, copy-and-paste gotcha, this is POA, not BeechTalk.

You all cert for IFR or does it have to be done VFR?

Radar approaches are well worth doing. I did a PAR at Ft. Polk back in 2010 and the first approach I have my students do on their long XC IFR flight is an ASR approach at KILM.

I will be passing by on Saturday, 12/15, weather permitting. VFR only.

I was over there on Sun, 12/16. Spent a bit too much time talking to a couple guys in the rotor transition program there. Flying a Cherokee from Jackson MS to Lantana FL. Nice guys and I confess I spent a bit more time talking to them than I should have and could not make my planned stop for the night. No worries, always worth it to learn something new.

Back