FlyQ App

pigpenracing

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
pigpen
Anyone use the FlyQ EFB app?
I have been a long time WingX lover. I have a old IOS 9 ipad mini that wingX no longer supports that I am mounting in my Pitts. They told me only IOS 10 or above! It has always worked perfect on my small ipad until I tried to update the data this time.
I downloaded the free trial of FlyQ and I really like it. I think I will tell wing X to shove it and use the FlyQ.
I looked at all the apps and the flyQ was the choice to try. I really like it.

FlyQ is a good app and is well-supported. Beyond that it is mostly about look and feel. So if you like it, that's really all that counts.

The only thing I would be concerned over is how long an iPad limited to iOS 9 will be supported by any app. FlyQ in particular has been adding features at a pretty good pace. I'd suggest an inquiry to FlyQ support. They are pretty responsive.

I use it and enjoy it. Their next release is adding a bunch of social media like features that I’m not interested in, but overall it works well. Their online planner syncs seamlessly with the ipad app.

Does FlyQ offer worldwide data or just North America? I'm looking for a new app that'll talk to my IFD 440, and that I can use for round-the-world. GP won't talk with the Avidyne...

Just North America for FlyQ.

Jepp is what we're using OCONUS. It's not bad, but it's probably pricey. Not sure how Foreflight is for international stuff.

FlyQ has Mexico now. Still no Europe or the rest of the world.

Does FlyQ offer worldwide data or just North America? I'm looking for a new app that'll talk to my IFD 440, and that I can use for round-the-world. GP won't talk with the Avidyne...

Many of our customers transitioning from using GP turn to Foreflight after Installing the IFD.

Bryan Kahl

Director of Customer Experience

Bkahl@avidyne.com

I really like FlyQ but had to go back to foreflight beacause the Status 2 did not work with it. The Stratus 3 doea but I am not sure it is worth the cost to swap out.

None that I have personally used and am familiar with but I've seen mentions of Naviator (Not Navigator), Avare, Sky Demon, and a few others. We pretty much integrate with any third party app except Garmin Pilot, by no choice of our own ...
I might be able to help on this one. I have these apps (or access to them) on my Android phone and tablet (alphabetical order):
  • Avare - the opens source freeware and crowdsourced choice. I'm not a fan, but that's mostly a personal bias against freebie software for flying.
  • AvNav EFB - a really well done program from a UI standpoint. The developer is always responsive, but seems to alternate between a flurry of activity and non when it comes to app updates.
  • DroidEFB (nee Avilution) - was one of the very first Android EFBs and has been a solid performer. I have a fried who has been using it for years and is very happy with it.
  • iFlyGPS (iOS, Windows and its own hardware, in addition to Android) - rock solid and been around since before the iPad (the used to compete with the Garmin X96 handhelds). It's my non-ForeFlight GoTo.
  • FltPlan Go! - might be the exception on the freeware thing because it's associated with FltPlan.com. Downsides are a somewhat cumbersome interface compared to the others and, well, FliPlan was recently purchased by Garmin.
  • WingXPro - doubtful it works with much of anything. An excellent EFB in it's iOS iteration but pretty much cripplewear on the Android
Will all/some of them work?

Back