Smallest registration string

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I was looking at an airplane with a 2-figure N number, and had thought wow, that’s kind of short (and; wow, I bet that gets a bunch of ‘say agains’) but I don’t see a ‘minimum length’ restriction on the FAA site.

There’s a mooney in my area with N3Z

Saw N1C at Flying Cloud a few times (nice plane).

N-1 looks the same as N1 (at least the plane type and serial number)

N1, N11 and N12 belongs to the FAA (stopped looking after that)

N2, N3 belong to Tenax (Aviation Financing?)

N4 seems to be available???

Looks like it has to start with a digit at the 'N' (???)

But N2 and N3 seem to be private?

From the registered owner’s website.

Tenax Aerospace, LLC (Tenax) is a privately held, small business that leases special mission aircraft to U.S. Government customers as well as to privately owned commercial businesses. Since 2001, Tenax has leased specially modified fixed and rotary wing aircraft for demanding missions within the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Justice, Department of Agriculture, and within the Intelligence Community. Since then, Tenax has expanded its operations to include executive lift leasing to private companies for charter use. Tenax is a small business headquartered in Madison, Mississippi.

Well if you can't have single or double digits, repeating patterns sounds like fun.

"Cessna 111, Podunk tower, number 1 cleared to land, runway 11."

"Cleared to land, number 1, 11, 11111."

I shared the traffic pattern the other day with N2A, the Goodyear Blimp, at its namesake airport, KGYR.

So how many 360's and S-turns did you need to do for spacing?

I liked Dr. Forrest Bird's "Innovator"..............NB1RD

Bird2.jpg

http://www.airbum.com/articles/ArticleBirdPBY.html

Well if you can't have single or double digits, repeating patterns sounds like fun.

"Cessna 111, Podunk tower, number 1 cleared to land, runway 11."

"Cleared to land, number 1, 11, 11111."

Hah! This reminds me of when @SkyHog registered N999NN just because he's a pain in the ass. :rofl:

"Salt Lake Center, November Niner Niner Niner November November requesting flight following"
"November, uh, what was all that tying up my frequency? Forget it. I don't have time for you." :rofl:

Hah! This reminds me of when @SkyHog registered N999NN just because he's a pain in the ass. :rofl:

"Salt Lake Center, November Niner Niner Niner November November requesting flight following"
"November, uh, what was all that tying up my frequency? Forget it. I don't have time for you." :rofl:
Yep. Someone else has it now. :(

Type is Experimental. Not sure how that helps them understand my number any better. Perhaps controllers should understand I am using full callsign on initial call like I'm supposed to. Most do. Only a few don't. I'll continue and explain to the very few who don't get it.

I’m 5HK. I get asked often to say full tail number. “Sure, N5HK” haha.

Back