Living the Life

Lake Kariba between Zambia and Zimbabwe is the largest in the world.

Lake Mead (Hoover Dam) In the U.S.

Yes, I Googled. :)

But, but...

“You know where my club is, right? Trump National. And it’s a very big success on Lake Norman. Beautiful. Largest man-made lake in the world, by far.“

So it has to be true, right?

But, but...

“You know where my club is, right? Trump National. And it’s a very big success on Lake Norman. Beautiful. Largest man-made lake in the world, by far.“

So it has to be true, right?

But he was talking to a bunch of dumb southerners when he said that.

Isn’t that the largest man made body of water in the world?

I remember hearing that somewhere.

Nice digs, regardless.
Yeah, but not even close. It's the largest man-made lake wholly inside of North Carolina. The Kerr Reservoir is bigger but a good chunk of that is in Virginia.

And "what is the largest" depends on whether you're counting surface area or volume. Lake Mead is the largest by VOLUME. Lake Sakakawea in North Dakota is the largest by surface area.

That looks very similar to the senators boat in the new season of Ozark on Netflix. What model is that? How fast does it get up to?
It's a 1983 Grand Craft. Above the water line it's styled to look like a 29 Chris Craft. The hull below is a faster design. It has a 270HP engine (essentially a Chevy 354). The fastest I've fun it is about 42 knots, and that requires pretty smooth water. I typically run it down around 20.

Navion is getting close. Alas the expert in these things had a stroke earlier in the year which delayed things. I also got into some "might as well" improvements such as new paint and an MVP50 engine display. I'm expecting it any day now (in fact, I'm going out there to beat on things as soon as I get out a few more things done on the house).

You will love the MVP-50

Navion is getting close. Alas the expert in these things had a stroke earlier in the year which delayed things. I also got into some "might as well" improvements such as new paint and an MVP50 engine display. I'm expecting it any day now (in fact, I'm going out there to beat on things as soon as I get out a few more things done on the house).

Well it's been almost 3 months since "any day now". Navion back yet? Any pics?

House! Your architect (or wife) influenced by Frank Lloyd Wright? It looks beautiful - good harmony, congratulations. . .motivates me to become a person of means!

In flights from Virginia to Sun-N-Fun I used to stop at Lake Norman Airpark, but that's a paved strip. Your home on Long Island Airport looks much nicer. I sure like flying off of grass when its available. My tires last so much longer. I finally moved from Virginia to Washington State where the grass runways outnumber the paved ones (when private strips are included). You should have some happy years flying and living in that spot. Good on ya.

Back